1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

No. Which Bond no. 9? They make about 30 different things. Be specific; this thread has standards, you know.
    West Broadway.

2. chrome_dout

chrome_dout Well-Known Member

Armani Code for me today. Smells good and only cost 35 at Perfumania, can't go wrong with that.

3. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

Very interesting. That makes sense that you simply can not pick just one scent out. It's been a long time since I smelled it, but I just remember their being this paradoxical sensation - a freshness along with a depth at the same time.

Yes, Red is a really unique fragrance and something that I think a lot of people could enjoy.

The original Giorgio for men, though, is interesting but much more "in your face." It's also got a lot fewer ingredients and has distinct notes that you can get quite easily... patchouli, honey, some carnation... they all pretty much YELL out their presence (in a good way).

Not so with Red though... it's more subtle...

The funny thing about Red - given that today's my first wearing - is that the drydown reminds me of a hefty Platinum Egoiste but the path to get there is completely different. There's a lot going on here, and the notes are discernable only by catching the scent as it unwinds during drydown and noting what's missing.

4. Baron

Baron Well-Known Member

I wore Bandit EdP today. I didn't think I applied it all that heavily, but damn if it's not 10 hours later and still going strong. This one is really brutal, but it's also beautiful and I love it. I think I'd prefer it on my girlfriend.

5. bluemagic

bluemagic Well-Known Member

Trying some Chanel PM (thanks rach!) right after my pre-bedtime shower and change of clothes. First time I've ever used fragrance. Dabbed some on each wrist, then rubbed some behind ears. I can feel my morale boost already! [​IMG]

6. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Well-Known Member

Trying some Chanel PM (thanks rach!) right after my pre-bedtime shower and change of clothes. First time I've ever used fragrance. Dabbed some on each wrist, then rubbed some behind ears. I can feel my morale boost already! [​IMG]
    Good! Hope you enjoy them. Today, I'm wearing Helmut Lang eau de parfum. Edit: Was curious to see how the HL would react with something largely oakmoss and a bit of floral, so layered with Givenchy III. Didn't work out to well... they both seem rather flat. OH well, you win some... you lose some.

7. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

Today: Chanel Platinum Egoiste, a throwback for me. I emptied a few bottles of this back in my single days.

8. bluemagic

bluemagic Well-Known Member

Etro lemon sorbet today - I'm feeling more confident already for the big presentation!

9. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Well-Known Member

sampling gucci by gucci this morning

10. tetsuo

tetsuo Well-Known Member

"Dzonghka'' by L'artisan Parfumeur. absolutely incredible

11. jsherman02

jsherman02 Well-Known Member

12. rach2jlc

Guerlain Homme today (the one just released). Interesting but will take me some time to figure out. It's much "nicer" than most Guerlains... almost like Guerlain was search for a big hit and made one more pleasant without it's usual quirk or depth. BUT, like I said, I'll have to spend some time with it before making up my mind for sure.

13. Nathan18T

Nathan18T Member

14. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

Returned to the comforting warmth of Chanel Antaeus for a chilly-willy, overcast and wet Wednesday.

15. dopey

dopey Well-Known Member

Jicky EdT. Interesting and I like it. It will take a few wearings to get my bearings, but the as-of-today assessment (tried it last night, too) is that it is very similar to Mouchoir de Monsieur and they are close substitutes. There are definitely circumstances where I would prefer Jicky to MdM, but in most of those, I think I would just as soon reach for Chanel's Cuir de Russie.
    This is not fixed in stone, and I expect my opinion will continue to develop.

16. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Well-Known Member

Opium PH for a wet and ugly morning. I'm happy though because I just made a deal on Basenotes to swap for LV Musk [​IMG]

17. rach2jlc

Bois du Portugal (Creed) today. Makes one feel like a rich old banker. [​IMG]

18. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

Jicky EdT today, and the opening reminds me of Caldey Island, but where Caldey goes asinic, Jicky adds the vanilla/birch tar. This is quite good but I haven't noticed the diaper note yet.

19. rach2jlc

Jicky EdT today, and the opening reminds me of Caldey Island, but where Caldey goes asinic, Jicky adds the vanilla/birch tar. This is quite good but I haven't noticed the diaper note yet.
    T, The EdT is tamer than the EdP, but you SHOULD be getting the civet from the start, along with lavender and some muted citrus. You've already got the vanilla down there... but where is teh CIVET???? Maybe the molecules aren't vibrating yet this early in the morning. [​IMG] Nevertheless, everybody's nose catches things differently and if you wear Jicky without getting the poop note... you are missing half the fun! (haha) Jicky haters, though, would say you are blessed!

20. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

T,
    The EdT is tamer than the EdP, but you SHOULD be getting the civet from the start, along with lavender and some muted citrus. Nevertheless, everybody's nose catches things differently and if you wear Jicky without getting the poop note... you are missing half the fun! (haha) Jicky haters, though, would say you are blessed!

Damnit, I never get the poop notes. Not in Jicky, not in Kouros. What is wrong with me?!?

Also...the question that really keeps me awake at night...Does this mean that I don't smell the poop note but everyone around me does? Or does the poop note just not bloom on my skin?