• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today: Geranium Pour Monsieur.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wore Chasse aux Papillons to the opera tonight. (Why would I lie about that? If I were going to lie, I'd come up with a better one than that.)

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today: Granville.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am wearing Acteur today. Hey, it's just how it be, basically.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hey, has anyone ever gotten leakage in a sample pack before? I have White Aoud covering five small bottles within its sealed package. TPC is sending a replacement, but is there a way to go about, I don't know, cleaning off or decontaminating the other vials?

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've had a sample whose seal broke and the whole juice just evaporated. STC quickly reshiped it.

Have you tried washing them with cold water and mild detergent (so the label doesn't detach--I'm assuming it's a plastic label)? And of course paper towels, maybe something like isopropyl alcohol, .... Get creative. :p I suppose exposing it to heat and/or light might work too but it'll likely come with unpleasant side effects.

Last edited:

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Cheers, will do! For now I've just wiped them down with a wet towel.

The good news is, I now have two TF's, a Montale Aoud sample, and Wild Hunt to play with. The latter, based on the last 30 seconds of nasal bliss, I am going to like.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't do much to the contaminated atomizer (just one, fortunately) either. Just be careful when touching the thing (use a kitchen paper towel or so). Which TFs did you get?

Last edited:

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Black Orchid and Tabacco Vanille. I have a bottle of Violet Blonde and really, really love it, but I have never tried any others. Black orchid, in particular, sounds promising.

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I've been having fun with wearing a different decant everyday. This thread is becoming more expensive than I anticipated! :D I was planning on placing an order with Surrender to Chance this time around. I wanted to try a few Histoires de Parfums, MDCI Invasion Barbare, a few Frederic Malles and a few Serge Lutens. I've added a few of the more popular ones to the cart but any personal recommendations? Also, my wife wanted to try some very light, work-appropriate scents, nothing heavy or cloying. Not sure this is the right place but anything I should add to the order for her? Thanks!

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, I found that too. This place can be toxic to your wallet.

... and that's just this thread! Don't even want to mention the Crockett & Jones and Alfred Sargent threads. I could buy a nice car with the amount those threads have cost me in the past 3 years since I started lurking.

What should I add to this? Any other faves? Anything light and work-appropriate for my wife?

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Fred G. Unn:

You absolutely have to try Portrait of a Lady. Also from Malle, Musc Ravageur, Dries van Noten, and, if you are adventurous, Lipstick Rose.
From Lutens, I'd recommend Santal Majuscule, Jeux de Peau, Muscs Koublai Khan, Ambre Sultan, and Fumerie Turque.
I'd also recommend Chypre Palatin by MDCI and L'Air du Desert Marocain by Andy Tauer.

For your wife, focusing on your specific criteria: Bois des Iles by Chanel, Chanel No. 22 by Chanel, Dans tes Bras by Malle, L'Infante by Divine, Mure et Musc by L'Artisan Parfumeur, Jour d'Hermes.

FWIW, a lot of the regular posters in this thread know a lot about feminines because they wear them regularly. My general advice is not to be limited too much by the gender designations. I once had a guy tell me that my cologne smelled very gentlemanly. It was Chanel No. 22!

I have switched into ELDO Tilda Swinton Like This for the evening hours.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads