1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Well-Known Member

Lys Mediterranean today. The wife likes it, more proof that she is turning into an expensive white florals aficionado. (Her sig scent is Ophelia).

1 person likes this.
  2. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

I'm wearing some extrait of Mitsouko for a Sunday night by myself.

1 person likes this.
  3. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

I am rocking L'Autre today. I don't know if anyone else on the planet enjoys this, but I do not care because I love it.

4. California Dreamer

5. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Well-Known Member

Yosh sombre negra today. Which was less a conscious choice, more of a lucky dip in sample box as I was running late.

6. NaTionS

NaTionS Well-Known Member

CDG Zagorsk arrived a few days ago and didn't disappoint. Wore it yesterday and wearing it again today :eek:

7. L'Incandescent

Brûlure de Rose by PG for me today. This is in the ballpark of Une Rose Vermeille: a gourmand raspberry rose. But it's got a big musk note that Une Rose Vermeille doesn't have, and it dries down to a chocolatey base. I enjoy it, but I don't love it.

8. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

Today: Iris Taizo - when "bready" is used as a descriptor for the orris butter, taken from the aged rhizomes, this should be the reference fragrance. It's very simple yet high quality and comforting.

I also got in the mail today a bottle of Bruno Fazzolari's Lambblack and Au Dela. Both of these are fantastic avant garde scents that are made from high quality natural ingredients and not like the synthetic concoctions of many Comme des Garcons. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE CdG fragrances, but there's something special about this line by Bruno Fazzolari.

9. L'Incandescent

True Lust Rayons Violets de ses Yeux.

10. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Well-Known Member

Chanel Bleu de Chanel. An inoffensive, generic "office" fragrance that I wouldn't be able to pick out of a lineup. (In contrast to, say, Terre d'Hermes, which is immediately recognizable.) For the life of me, I don't understand why this scent is so popular and critically acclaimed.

11. L'Incandescent

I suspect it's popular because of the huge advertising campaign they put behind it. For a while there you couldn't open a magazine without seeing an ad for Bleu de Chanel.

1 person likes this.
  12. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

Chanel really sold out when they produced Bleu de Chanel - to look at that creation in the context of what it has produced in the distant and recent past makes it a travesty of Chanel's offerings.

13. California Dreamer

An old summer favourite today - Concentre d’Orange Verte. This is a style that I reach for when it gets really hot. Big on the citrus and a bit of green.

14. Homme

Homme Well-Known Member

SL eau froide today. Wore it heaps last summer, this is the first wearing for this year... Ginger and citrus with some cardamom up top and frankincense following

15. L'Incandescent

SOTE is MFK Pluriel Feminin. This is a floral blend, with iris, rose, orange blossom, jasmine, and some other stuff. It reminds me a little bit of Jour d'Hermes, which is another floral that's not really adventurous, but is just very pretty.

16. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

Yesterday and today I've been wearing Lampblack.

17. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Well-Known Member

TF Oud Wood. A nice, subdued take on oud. As mentioned in the thread, it doesn't project well and doesn't last long.

18. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Well-Known Member

Today it's Lomani AB Silver, an Aventus clone. Will report back on how it wears.

19. L'Incandescent

Pre-shower: Ungaro Diva
    SOTD: Rossy de Palma Eau de Protection. Dark, spicy, prickly rose that dries down to a sweeter, somewhat more conventional benzoin base.

20. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Well-Known Member

Opened my decant shoebox and grabbed at random so it's Profumum's Aquae Nobilis today. Really disliked the first 5 minutes and almost washed it off, but now it's settled in. I definitely prefer the added mint of Geranium Pour Monsieur to this for a geranium scent.