1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Scabal RTW

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mano, May 27, 2005.

1. mano

mano Well-Known Member

I know Scabal makes fabric, but does anyone have any knowledge or experience with Scabal suits, jackets and pants? Are they available stateside?

2. Urban Warrior

Urban Warrior Well-Known Member

Not sure how they are made but I do know going back 2 years or so the Saks 5th Ave in Palm Beach had a bunch of them...

3. medwards

medwards Well-Known Member

4. Fritz

Fritz Well-Known Member

There is a shop in Cologne (Germany), where I bought a couple of MTM shirts (Emanuel Berg, if that means anything to anyone of you). They also offer MTM Scabal suits, and I do mean Scabal brand suits, not only ones made by Scabal fabric. I recently received a promotional letter for a trunk show, indicating prices of 700 Euros for cotton, 800 Euros for S 130 ( I think it was).
    While I was in the shop on shirt business, I had fingered one of the suits that they have for fitting purposes. It seemed to be fused, so at that price point I am not interested. I'd rather pay a lot less for fused, or a bit more to have canvas.
    To be fair, I have not inquired about canvas, maybe they can do that if requested. I just didn't have any reason to educate myself any further. Maybe I will the next time I'm in the shop for a shirt.

5. mano

mano Well-Known Member

Thanks all,
    It's the Scabal MTM brand suits and sport jackets about which I'm inquiring.

Fritz, it's amazing that their own brand would be fused. Isn't Scabal comparable to Holland & Sherry and Dormeuil?

Any more info would be appreciated.

6. medwards

medwards Well-Known Member

7. mano

mano Well-Known Member

Thanks, I had checked it out yesterday and agree, it's not that helpful. Even the information on their fabrics, for which they're well known, isn't that helpful.

8. boston

boston Well-Known Member

There is a guy in Boston who does Scabal MTM (Lords Tailor, in the Greenhouse building, close to the Prudential Center). They run around $1000 and are fully fused.

-boston

9. Roy

Roy Well-Known Member

I've seen Canvassed Scabal MTM suits for around 800 euros.

10. Fritz

Fritz Well-Known Member

OK, next time I'm in the shop I'll ask them. I have seen this with another MTM company: they make fused suits, but for a relatively small extra charge (in relation to the 800 Euro level) they are willing to make floating canvas. Maybe Scabal is able to do the same. At this point I just don't know.