1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Saw Martegani and Vass in person tonight...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by bigbadbuff, Dec 8, 2004.

1. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Well-Known Member

Marteganis- saw about 6 models (including the one a poster here purchased recently) and they look very nice; high quality/value, potentially moreso than any I've seen for that retail price point. Finding them at significant discount or perhaps even on a decent sale may be hard, but if you have no qualms about spending $325 for shoes, this maker warrants a further look IMO. Vass- I must say it was neat to see a shoe ballyhooed about here all the time, but rare to find in the whole country, in person. Saw about 10 models, and several were eye- catching. Very interesting to see the deconstructed models Vass sent that show off the stiching and materials used. Certainly top shelf all the way- it's not every day you see a completely handmade shoe in Richmond. The prices though [​IMG] [​IMG] Ron Rider at Franco's is the kind of guy you want helping you pick out shoes- in the brief time I talked with him he showed an obvious enthusiasm for and knowledge of fine footwear. Nice meeting you Ron. [​IMG]

2. RIDER

RIDER Well-Known Member

The pleasure was mine. Thanks for stopping in...and I will have all the details regarding wide sizing and Martegani soon.