1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Saw a Butt Ugly SUV Today

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Artisan Fan, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Well-Known Member

2. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Well-Known Member

3. foodguy

foodguy Well-Known Member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    i've got an old q45 which is a midsize and a terrific car. kind of bland, though, basically a pathfinder.

4. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Well-Known Member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    There's one driving around here.

5. yerfdog

yerfdog Well-Known Member

Every generation of this vehicle has always been butt ugly. I think they are progressively trying to make it look more and more like a rhinoceros.

6. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

7. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Well-Known Member

Lol, love the little side air intake vents.

8. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

Lol, love the little side air intake vents.

To be fair, luxury SUVs have been imitating these for years now. They are found on real SUVs, like Rovers and Toyota Land Cruisers. You attach your "snorkel" on them and can for water that's really deep. I've noticed them on the GM line of SUVs, from 'Slades to Denalis, Chrysler Durangos, etc.

It is not a pretty vehicle but I have yet to decide if I dislike it. The former version drove like a tractor trailer (I demo'ed it when I was looking fall of 09). Huge interior but rather Holiday Inn'ish appointments. Wonder what the new interior is like? The engine is the same so that means it's powerful but unrefined. I see they've gone to a 7 speed tranny to match MB. I'll test drive it in a few years but goodluck matching an MB slushbox. If there's one thing MB does is make a great transmission.

9. Harold falcon

I'd be surprised if there's an OEM snorkel attachment for this Infiniti model.

10. bringusingoodale

bringusingoodale Well-Known Member

Never been a fan of Japanese luxury (if there can be such a thing).

11. Recoil

Recoil Well-Known Member

I don't think many cars are "ugly", I can appreciate the design characteristics of nearly every car I come across. I can appreciate that look of a Hyundani or a Ferrari. After all, why would anyone design an ugly looking car? But let me tell you, that thing is UGLY...

12. Piobaire

I'd be surprised if there's an OEM snorkel attachment for this Infiniti model.

Oh, agreed. That was the point of my post. I'd be surprised if there was one for anything in that category other than Rover and Toyota. They're just stealing the styling cues that were derived from something that is actually functional on real SUVs.

13. Harold falcon

Oh, agreed. That was the point of my post. I'd be surprised if there was one for anything in that category other than Rover and Toyota. They're just stealing the styling cues that were derived from something that is actually functional on real SUVs.

Well sir, then it appears we are in agreement.

[​IMG]

We'll have to find something else to argue about then. How about the colour?

14. MrGimpy

MrGimpy Well-Known Member

Redundant threak title is redundant.

15. Piobaire

We'll have to find something else to argue about then. How about the colour?

White is not a colour. Neither is black. [​IMG]

16. rnoldh

rnoldh Well-Known Member

It seems huge. Probably because the big beast is!

To be fair, Infiniti quality is good, and pretty much comparable to Lexus.

I have owned 3 Infinitis in the past. They were all a year or two old and pre-owned certified. They are really not that far off from comparable Lexus models but they are appreciably less costly.

I think that Toyota released Lexus and that Nissan released Infiniti about the same time ( the mid 1980s??? ). But for a variety of reasons, Infiniti has always been holding up the rear.

17. forex

forex Well-Known Member

Seen this one and AF is right,it is ugly as hell. But the new FX30 is even uglier.

18. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

I have owned 3 Infinitis in the past. They were all a year or two old and pre-owned certified. They are really not that far off from comparable Lexus models but they are appreciably less costly.

I think that Toyota released Lexus and that Nissan released Infiniti about the same time ( the mid 1980s??? ). But for a variety of reasons, Infiniti has always been holding up the rear.

Infiniti quality is very good, actually I rate it as excellent. However, that large SUV gets 13 mpg and is as ugly as can be.

19. ratboycom

ratboycom Well-Known Member

MY1990 for the Lexus LS

I see your Infiniti and raise you a Nissan Puke... I mean Juke

[​IMG]

20. StephenHero

StephenHero Well-Known Member