1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Saving a horrid three-button sack suit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by DJosef, Dec 23, 2012.

What should I do with this godzilla of a suit?

1. Trash it / give it away

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Have it altered

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. DJosef

DJosef Well-Known Member

I have this monster in my wardrobe since sometime around 2000. I've worn it in its present state when I worked as an insurance salesman to make a little beside money during university, and now I am suspicious it might have had something to do with why I comparatively sucked at the job.
    I absolutely hate the thing, especially considering that the ~$500 it cost could have been spent on something worthwhile instead.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now the reason I'm writing is that I know a cheap tailor here, who does women's clothing normally, but also offers alteration on menswear for peanuts. (A full alteration job for a suit jacket around $22.)

I'm wondering if this is worth the money and the wardrobe space, or should I just give it away to Red Cross or something. If it can be made to look distantly like this one, I think I'd keep it around just in case: http://uncrate.com/stuff/armani-three-button-suit/

What's the verdict? :)

2. Reevolving

Reevolving Well-Known Member

3. landshark

landshark Well-Known Member

Whether or not you should save it depends on how it looks on you know, and how it will look on you after you alter it.