1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Satchel/Folio that will last

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by elvish, Jun 7, 2011.

1. elvish

elvish Well-Known Member

Gents

(I did a search and the only site I found was for Swaine Adeney Brigg)

I am looking for a quality folio with no shoulder straps.

I spoke to my father and he has had his (bought from a local artisan in Firenze) for over 30 years and it looks fantastic. He reckons the equivalent of what he spent is $500-600, in today's dollars.

Are there any particular brands you can recommend for that price which will last? I I have been looking at the attached RL model but I have a suspicion it may be poorly made as there is no mention of Italy.

Thanks in advance.
    -K
    [​IMG]

2. Romp

Romp Well-Known Member

what store in Firenze? Il Bisonte is the famous one but I bought a bunch of leather goods when I was there a few months ago and have contact details if need be