1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Sartorio by Kiton at Pitti Uomo 85

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by unbelragazzo, Mar 11, 2014.

1. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Well-Known Member

Just came from Barneys and hot damn there are some amazing new sartorio and kiton pieces to check out...hard not to go overboard! Talked with my guy there, he does buying in Naples on kiton and sartorio. Sartorio now has access to kiton grade fabrics, but bumps price significantly if u go that route.

- sartorio jackets are 70% handwork, and according to my rep only way to get a garment from the store with more handwork you'd have to go kiton/ only brand that beats them for handwork. Buttonholes (lapel and front) are not hand stitched, but like the rest so much I don't care
    - shoulders on MTM continue to be amazing. Gray suit looks stellar and fit to a t with practically no tailoring necessary on jacket and trousers

- sportcoat cloths for sartorio MTM were fucking spectacular

2. reidrothchild

reidrothchild Well-Known Member

3. Riva

Riva Well-Known Member

Sartorio SC fabrics always have been the most unique and spectacular indeed. The shoulder is also among the top 3 for MTM IMO.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  4. archetypal_yuppie

archetypal_yuppie Well-Known Member

I was there yesterday. Sartorio struck me as very similar to Isaia in fit, though maybe with more conspicuous espaliliama camiciciacia on the shoulders.

I wasn't blown away by the fabrics on the ones they have in stock, but a few of the ones in the books were really eye-catching. The ones I liked the most did not appear to be of a hard wearing variety though (loose weaves), which makes me cautious.

About 2,500 - 4,000 depending on fabrics.

5. archetypal_yuppie

Not sure I get this. Unless their MTM is well on its way to bespoke, their shoulder is their shoulder - it's probably the thing they would change the least in MTM vs. RTW.

That said, I agree, very beautiful, pretty much perfect fit on me.

6. The_Foxx

For some reason, shoulders on the MTM for me look slightly better than rtw - touch softer or something. I was weak and ordered another one in solid blue....argh!! Must sell more clothes to reduce cost/ increase space avail for new!!

7. archetypal_yuppie

Ha. It's nice stuff but I have a decent selection already and hope to continue to exercize restraint :)

8. The_Foxx

Yeah true restraint was employed at Cesare attolini store-- tried on new model on size 38 suit and sport coats instead of 40reg. It was mouth watering goodness but limited myself to a tie! Haha

9. archetypal_yuppie

Yeah their stuff is great. Maybe I'll get a fantastic tax refund.

10. The_Foxx

Duplicate post from recent purcs

2 people like this.