1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Sartoria Napoli Surprises Me...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by OCULUS, Mar 21, 2009.

1. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Well-Known Member

I think Massimo Bizzochi carries it.

2. CatsEyes

CatsEyes Well-Known Member

My (Attolini-era) Sartorio suit is my favourite. Mid blue-grey. Not too far from the colour, weight and texture of Cary Grant's famous suit in N by NW. Maybe just a bit bluer.

3. alexmvargas

alexmvargas Well-Known Member

A local retailer in Atlanta - Sid Mashburn - carries Sartorio. Love, love, love the suits but $3750 is a lot of scratch. What do you all think?

4. yfyf

yfyf Well-Known Member

As a 36 on the slim side, I found Sartorio 36 too full in the body. It's for people who are more built and less nancy.

5. NakedYoga

NakedYoga Well-Known Member

Here's what purports to be a brand new, with unfinished sleeves and pant legs, Sartoria Partenopea for Milord suit for $999.

6. Cravate_Noire

Cravate_Noire Well-Known Member

Really, they are all the same. Kiton, Borrelli, Attolini, Partenopea, La Vera, Isaia etc. There is no difference, only personal preference.

I just found this by searching the forum for an old thread and felt the urge to say that this is complete bullshit.

7. maomao1980

maomao1980 Well-Known Member

I just found this by searching the forum for an old thread and felt the urge to say that this is complete bullshit.

No, at one point, this is quite true. They were all very high quality, with lots of show-off handworks, RTW makers. Now Borrelli has reduced its quality quite dramatically, Kiton is trying to reinvent itself as a fashion brand, Isaia has also gone some wierd dandy-rific direction. Only Attolini and La Vera has sustained the high quality RTW principal. Though Attolini is in danger of becoming another Kiton.

8. aj_del

aj_del Well-Known Member

Whats the reason for Attolini being the twice the price of Isaia ?

9. Cravate_Noire

Cravate_Noire Well-Known Member

No, at one point, this is quite true. They were all very high quality, with lots of show-off handworks, RTW makers. Now Borrelli has reduced its quality quite dramatically, Kiton is trying to reinvent itself as a fashion brand, Isaia has also gone some wierd dandy-rific direction. Only Attolini and La Vera has sustained the high quality RTW principal. Though Attolini is in danger of becoming another Kiton.
    Hm, this sounds like everything turned upside down within 2 years. Borrelli is out of judgement, I know some really unrealiable folks in Italy who consider it as crazy what happens there, it's even not possible to contact the company as such on a reliable basis. The shirts they sell in some locations are still the old stuff. Their jackets at 900€ are much better than Kiton at 3000€. Then they there is flood of Borrelli new stuff crap all over the world. I know also a company that made some models (only sb, 3 button sportcoats and blazers) for La Vera for some time, if they kept the quality...top notch (from what I have see they did). Kiton pants are [​IMG] ... Attolini pants (the more expensive models which they normally sell with suits) are pretty much like Ambrosi, the less expensive ones (most retailers order these for causal models) are probably like most of SF imagines how Kiton pants were in the good old days. However I doubt that Kiton stopped overnight from making almost bespoke quality pants to start doing what they do know. I've also been to the company that makes the canvassing and shoulder materials for all those brands and I have seen which get their complete canvassing delivered readily in different sizes; a few buy larger canvassing pieces and uncut shoulder pieces which they at least have to adjust or party handsew. Also Partenopea is notorious for being somewhat irregular, if they ever had more actual handwork than Borrelli I'll eat a broomstick. It's nice yeah and yeah I like them, but Attolini uses for its current jackets almost as much handstitching to attach the lining (!!! which is mostly machine set!!!) than Partenopea uses on the outside (!!!). That said Matt is actually right (though find the differences to be eminent);you should rather buy those brands due to preference or for variety or instant satisfaction or whatever, than to show mummy your handsewn crotch area (only Attolini on the more espensive trouser models, from the mentioned brands btw.).
    Dont know about Isaia, but Attolini is ca.40% more for your retailer than Kiton...I somehow don't see that this difference is reflected in the final retail price. Once again, you pay for preference.

10. spidercan

spidercan Well-Known Member