1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

San Francisco SF Meetup - Thursday September 12th , Label King Returns, Hosted by Proper Suit.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GusW, Aug 21, 2013.

1. GusW

GusW Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. GusW

GusW Well-Known Member

Sorry that we will miss you on this trip. Please join us for the next one. We have these about eight times a year.

Good idea.

3. GusW

GusW Well-Known Member

Hey Style Forum, Proper Suit looks forward to hosting the meet up on Sep 12th at FIREHOUSE 8. Personally I always look forward to coming back to the West Coast, but I'm even more excited to answer any questions you have about Proper Suit or style in general. The SF (city) and SF (community) have always been wonderful to Proper Suit and we hope to pay our respects with a nice party and good time. I'm 6"4 and will be wearing a suit. Come say hi! McGregor

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

McGregor, on behalf of the members of Styleforum I want to thank Proper Suit for hosting our Meetup next week on the 12th. It should be an enjoyable evening. Thanks again.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  4. GusW

GusW Well-Known Member

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

I will drink a nice scotch in all your names. Not that Scotch has anything to do with this event, but just because I have some good stuff.

1 person likes this.
  6. emptym

emptym Well-Known Member

This is the dispenser. Looks like they're out now though. You might pm dieworkwear for more info.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  7. GothamRed

GothamRed Well-Known Member

I'll be in town on the 12th and look forward to the event.

-RD

8. Blog Marley

Blog Marley Well-Known Member

Sounds good. I should be able to make it by 9.

9. GusW

GusW Well-Known Member

Our Meetup is a week from tomorrow. So far we have about 30+ attending including Label King and the owner of Proper Suit McGregor Madden and his associate Max Andreae (who handles all the measuring for San Francisco clients) .

If you are planning to attend, help us out and rsvp in this thread. An accurate headcount helps to manage these events.

We will have a good crowd including several people from overseas and out-of-state.

If you have never attended a Meetup, this would be an ideal opportunity to meet your fellow Styleforum members in real life. Everyone is welcome and feel free to come solo or to bring a friend or date.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  10. imatlas

imatlas Well-Known Member

I'm in.

2 people like this.
  11. Pelican Rock

Pelican Rock Member

Hello,

My name is Matt Gerhardt and I own a small men's store in Walnut Creek. I am look forward to attending the SF Meet Up on the 12th. I will be bringing my girlfriend Natalie. Thank you for hosting the event and I look forward to it.

Matt Gerhardt
    Pelican Rock

1 person likes this.
  12. Joffrey

Joffrey Well-Known Member

There've been a few over the past few years. Definitely not as organized as the SF ones but they happen from time to time. If I remember correctly there was one earlier in the summer but I couldn't make it.

1 person likes this.
  13. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

whoa! 30 plus!!! hats off to you, Gus! :slayer: this should be a fun evening.

14. GusW

GusW Well-Known Member

15. VRaivio

VRaivio Well-Known Member

pocketsquareguy, I remember that photo; he's holding a penis bone. What a way to go for a lucky charm.

16. LeGauche

LeGauche Member

I'll have to keep my eyes peeled! :)

17. FillW

FillW Well-Known Member

I'll try to make the next one. I'll bring a camcorder (getting a nice one for my 20th anniversary in my company) to document it.

Wish I could go to the SF one. Take lots of pics and post them. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  18. GusW

GusW Well-Known Member

19. brillopad

brillopad Well-Known Member

Gus, is there still room for another +2 for the event? I know two ladies that work in women's apparel in SF; they are very interested in our menswear shenanigans and want to see one of our events in action. I'll find out if they intend on joining us for dinner or not.

20. markr

markr Well-Known Member

Live in the neighborhood, so no excuse for not attending. Thanks for organizing Gus. Leopold's is a great pick.