• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Samurai lovers

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
what is your opinion on a slubby black jean?

i always was curious about this and pbj xx005 in black,
but i always figured that black jean looks best when it is a sheeny, clean, non-slubby jean.

is this really unique looking?

and for the samurai, i am going for a relaxed jean look. no slim so 710 may be out for me.

samurai blacks are the **** I own 2 pairs.

sbbbjm

Reaction score
i have the 610's (low rise model) - i know it's not for all but on my build it's perfect and it doesn't look too low at all.

the second generation texas cotton denim is excellent and i can already see the lighter white spot poking up at the creases. this is only after a month.

i was on the hunt for lower rise japanese with slubby denim, and i tried the pbj's but the fit was all wrong. the rise was too high in front compared to the back. the thigh and knee was too skinny for how loose the top block was and the bootcut was horrendous.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sbbbjm
i have the 610's (low rise model) - i know it's not for all but on my build it's perfect and it doesn't look too low at all.

the second generation texas cotton denim is excellent and i can already see the lighter white spot poking up at the creases. this is only after a month.

what's wrong with the first generation?

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
i have 710s in black. they are nice. I think that these will end up in the buy/sell forum in 3 weeks if you bu them dude..

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
you have to wear a jean for a few weeks to even appreciate it though... are you trying to build a good rotation? and if you want to get noticed, look at the SExSCs or some JRs

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
julian red supposedly has some of the best/most eye catching washes. I've never owned or tried on one of their washes though.

my question is this: what specifically appeals to you about samurais that you cannot find in another brand? is it the cut, the denim (texas cotton), the color? lots of the high end brands make raw jeans. I know they aren't most expensive brand, but I don't like to see someone constantly losing money on puchases =/

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I dont know if Julian Red has enough "pedigree" for Sho'nuff since he's just been into expensive japanese brands lately...but as you mentioned, it's hard to figure out what he wants exactly, other than "eye catching and decadent"

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe he should get those silver and blue Raf pants that Rye picked up last year.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
yea, I'm sorry, it just seems that the only consideration you're making right now is the name of the brand. samurai is not the be all end all of denim. I bought my 710s becuase I liked the slimmer fit with a higher rise, I wanted a heavy raw black jean and I had credit with BIG (returned some gift 6x6s). nobody is going to stop you on the street and go 'holy **** those are samurais, props to you motherfucker, you know denim', and if this is your motivation for buying a premium brand you should just get some bright red ksubis or something.

have you ever worn 19 or 21oz denim?

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
OK, I'll be nice.

What type of fit do you want?
What environment (including climate) are you going to be wearing these jeans in?
How important is fading to you?
Do you want an overdyed black or not?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads