1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Salad Lovers

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Chris0721, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Chris0721

Chris0721 Member

I have a question for all of you. Is it strange or unusual for a man to be a huge salad lover? I absolutely love fresh salads, and I frequently eat them. I love Chef's Salads, Cobb Salads, Garden Salads, and my favorite is a Garden Salad with Buffalo Chicken Strips. I like many different types of salad dressings so I almost never get bored eating salads. However, some people have told me that almost all real salad lovers are women, and that it is very rare to see a guy who genuinely loves eating salads. When I go out to eat at a restaurant, and I eat a big salad, I notice some people seem to stare at me for some reason. Like they think it is strange to see a young guy eating a big salad. On the other hand, I have had a few women tell me that they actually think it is kind of sexy or attractive for a guy to be a big salad lover. I don't know why those women think that, but they do. Is this an unusual thing?

2. VMan

VMan Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with it at all. Just another type of food to enjoy.

I used to eat salads a lot more, but haven't lately. I like a good grilled chicken caesar with home made dressing. The buffalo chicken salad you mentioned sounds good. During summer I also like spinach with a raspberry vinegarette dressing, with mandaran oranges, and walnuts.

When I made salads I always used a field greens blend, and went heavy on the spinach. Get a lot more vitamins that way than with plain old Iceberg lettuce.

It is also pretty easy to whip up a good home made dressing with some good oil and vinegar and a bit of spicy mustard, and some seasonings.

3. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

Most women are more inclined to eat veggies than men. Personally, I feel weird if my meal doesn't have a salad or some kind of veggie. I go through a bag of salad every 2-3 days but never make it the main attraction.

4. Joffrey

Joffrey Well-Known Member

Occasionally I like a salad. But a simple green salad with vinaigrette. No bells and whistles and no meat in it. But damn that could be hard to find sometimes. I went to some restaurant connected to a MaxMara store and had a pretty good green salad. I was happy. My friends made fun of me. But I was happy.