1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. kieran84

kieran84 Well-Known Member

I've heard they won't be getting rid of most styles too, however I have seen little changes coming in here and there already. On the subject of additional styles, the new styles for this season have been awful (like those terrible zip things, the sandals, and those monk straps), so if it's not Vaccarello, and it was in fact Hedi's old team as so many staff keep claiming, then they weren't paying much attention and obviously learned pretty much nothing from him. I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that other than the same old staples, there will probably never be a new style I'm interested in again, and it's unlikely that any of the old styles I like will be getting brought back any time soon. Don't get me wrong I love Hedi boots, cropped jodhpurs, SL 01s, etc. as much as the next man, but after seeing them for the last 4 1/2 years I'd have to of been living under a rock not to have got some by now.

Speaking of shoes, has anybody seen the light tobacco colour in person that also remembers the original beige from the SS 13 - SS 14 cropped jodhpur boots that could give a comparison? In some photos it looks quite similar to the old colour which I like, and in others it looks quite tan which isn't my cup of tea (too western looking for me I think, although I don't mind it for the Hedi or Wyatt styles), and I completely forgot to ask about them when I was last in London. The old ones for reference:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. volchok

volchok Well-Known Member

:rotflmao:

3. Angel of Death

Angel of Death Well-Known Member

man u are dumb, you show lack of common sense. I didnt say you annoyed me im merely seeing from the other guys perspective and one thing hes right, you yap too much about it. $320! nice suede, nice versatile black blah blah. [​IMG]

if u kept talking about it like it was in real life with ur friends, i fucking GUARANTEE you one of them will say either " will u stop talking about those boots?" or "will you just shut the fuck up?"

[​IMG]

also gotta say its ironic coming from you saying u think we are annoyed by ur constant $320 boots posting, you actually show more annoyance and u seem quite irate that we called u out on it.

apparently u have more sand in ur vagina than we do. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  4. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Well-Known Member

Shame the 60mm boots didn't sell well. IMHO those may be the best boots--in terms of heel height to shoe form comparison--I saw from SLP. 40mm is good, but not really distinctive. It's just 1.5" basically.

5. needhelp123

needhelp123 Well-Known Member

let's just ALL stfu about the $320 boots, i never expressed my opinion on it but now it's actually annoying.

1 person likes this.
  6. echau

echau Well-Known Member

I thought the 45mm French boots were pretty nice.

[​IMG]

7. BlackChiney8

BlackChiney8 Well-Known Member

What's hilarious is that I literally posted about them one time with two-three posts tops. Others mention the same boots and I ask generally about where they got them just out of interest if they got the same deal and then shitheads sound off about me "talking about them every five minutes". There isn't lack of common sense to call out some idiots like you who try to get confrontational OVER THE INTERNET. You're jealous along with the others who find the need to add two cents that no one asked for. I don't start anything with anyone over an internet forum and I'm "irate" because I responded to all of your idiotic hating for no reason...

You're either 13 years old or a very sad little man.

8. Angel of Death

ok whatever floats your boat. keep stroking that ego of that bragging $320 black suede boots u found! i also note u like to throw assumptions out of nowhere when u got no real rebuttal when u get the facts called out. u sure get quite defensive!

fucking pussy. [​IMG]

9. mikkodd

mikkodd Member

find me some boots plz Lulz

10. BlackChiney8

BlackChiney8 Well-Known Member

Hahaha. It's just fun to mess with you because you'll respond guaranteed and say something else pointless and stupid. What "point" have you made? That you let what others post on the internet even bother you in the slightest. You're the one who found the need to respond when you should have just left it alone you cunt lol. With a fucking name like Angel of Death LMFAO. Should change it to Pussy Ass Bitch.

11. Isolar

Isolar Well-Known Member

Jesus, take it to the fucking DM's already...

3 people like this.
  12. volchok

volchok Well-Known Member

Stop derailing the thread man, enough.

13. kieran84

kieran84 Well-Known Member

These were nice in theory, but in my size 45 were unwearable because the ankle shaft was so wide. I was forced to go with the 60 mm French Chelsea because the ankle was much slimmer. I would have preferred 45 to be honest as I'm a bit shy about wearing high heels.

14. Death24xASecond

True, these looked very nice too. However, after handling them in person I was less impressed. The toebox/tip is just a bit too pointed. The chelseas/other boots have a noticeable chisel-toe which is delicate but still somewhat angular, this one goes too far IMHO. Also, seeing photos of these after having been worn for a few months indicated that they crease really, really badly. Very deep creases. I've had the Hedi 30s for almost two years now and with regular shoe-tree use and 2x/week wear, they've not creased much at all. Quite shallow, mild creasing. I'm kind of impressed.

Edit: Also @kieran84 makes a good point. I now realize the shaft is a lot wider than the 60mm chelseas I got instead. That narrow shaft and tight fit up the ankle really helped me cope with the heel height and a looser shaft/looser fit would make things a lot worse. Also @kieran84 I don't know about you but I got used to the 60mm thoroughly after about 2-3 weeks' regular wear. If you are average height or taller it's really not that noticeable provided you're wearing skinny jeans/slim-fit trousers or whatever. That's why I still think 60mm is the SLP sweet spot. Higher than ordinary 1, 1.5 inch heels, but not so high as to attract undue attention.

15. Angel of Death

cry more !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. OhMe

OhMe Well-Known Member

It's one of the most iconic piece, so if you like teddy you should buy it now before it disappears.

Personnaly I think it's the last year we see it but who knows.

I did not try the 93% wool / 7% polyamide version, so I don't know, but if they replaced this version with the 88% wool / 10% polyamide / 2% silk one, I guess there is a good reason and I don't think this is about saving money but certainly a true upgrade.

I would be curious to know the exact reason. I don't think there was a true problem with the first version, but probably they found that this new mix of materials work better. Plus they adjust the cut as I understand.

17. Death24xASecond

Would someone explain to me the appeal of the teddy? I realize it's one of the most Instagrammed and recognizable things SLP has done, but unlike the Le Smoking, the boots, the L01, or the jeans, it doesn't strike me as something really unique, something essentially SLP? Like at the end of it it's just a teddy. Is SLP's version noticeably different in some ways that I don't know about? I figured I'd pick it up on the secondary at some point, but have yet to really grasp its appeal...

Just to be clear: I'm not bashing it at all. It's a nice, simple, versatile, and clean design. I just don't really understand what sets it apart from Thom Browne or any other high-end/designer teddy version, the way SLP denim and footwear is often pretty unique and hard to find elsewhere.

18. needhelp123

needhelp123 Well-Known Member

Pretty much this, plus since so many celebrities wear it it gets hyped, it's a piece that even non hedi fans will buy, just like those red or blue hi top sneakers.

1 person likes this.
  19. Ranger44

Ranger44 Well-Known Member

Which sucks. I hate that celebrities wore it - so it hit instagram and all over blogs.

Ruined much of the appeal for me. I have one, don't get me wrong. But I hate that it's known as a internet piece, per say.

Or like "hey dude you're wearing saint laurent, nice jacket" bullshit. Looking like I went on hypebest and saw it.

20. mayastig

mayastig Well-Known Member

What style id is that?