• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

therattler

Reaction score
do you mean you have to buy a bigger range SL stuff to diversify? or that you need to start buying elsewhere in order to make more things work with your SL wardrobe?

Isolar

Reaction score
A wider range of SLP stuff. That's the idea anyway. I really don't think I'll latch on to another brand in the same way, post-Hedi.

Last edited:

Maximus6

Reaction score
I am Looking for a Light beige (simple) SLP Chelsea. And dont whant a higher heel than 3CM (Prefer 2 / 2,5cm).

Which Boot would you guys recommend me?

This is the model I really want, but since they dont make it anymore Im looking for something closest to it..

(Im a size 40 in Crop Jodhpur, so if anyone is selling these in my size let me know!)

neonrider

Reaction score
L01 + L17 are totally different jackets. we've covered this in depth many times. they're complements, not substitutes, meant for different occasions, situations, outfits, etc, like isolar said. instead of comparing, you should just ask how you plan to wear it most, and choose accordingly, if you can only choose one.

i don't know why you guys keep posting that boot, i'm pretty sure that's not even an sl boot. i think that's a bottega veneta hedi rip from 2015 if i'm not mistaken. the dimensions on everything in that boot don't look anything close to right given anything else hedi's (ever) designed.

i think you really just want a suede chelsea boot in a camelish color, stop agonizing and go buy one, because you clearly don't want the real thing. no shade, just saying.

Last edited:

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New fw16 suede boot (SLP rip of BV boots) incoming so wait for that. Uses same last as the biker/military boots so not as sleek but lower heel. Called Nevada Chelsea boots or something like that. I'm actually struggling and debating whether to buy a black calf version of the classic Chelsea pair myself.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah this last, along with the Wyatt last, is quite nice. Balances out skinny jeans really well since it isn't too angular and sharp with the curves.

Also being wholecut it is kind of a more rare design nowadays.

Last edited:

neonrider

Reaction score
all i see on google is:

http://fashionbombdaily.com/hot-or-...t-and-black-wool-and-tan-suede-chelsea-boots/

but in that pic the cheesy dude in the bomber is obviously wearing hedi boots, not the purported chelsea boots in the pic. the toe is more pointed and you can see the straps on the side i think. so i think the info is wrong from the beginning. does anybody actually have a pair of these boots so we can share real pics?

i could be wrong, happy to be wrong, etc. but let's at least start from facts.

whatever the source, why not jut buy a pair of cp's? they're almost indistinguishable. ****, i wear $10 uniqlo tees with my L-whatevers all the time.

http://product-images.barneys.com/is/image/Barneys/504008521_1_shoeside?$pdp_flexH$

Last edited:

youwhat

Reaction score
the actual boot pictures are from ssense

a few sites stocked them (nathalie shuterman had them in all colours in the sale heavily discounted)

out in 2013

neonrider

Reaction score
so just buy cp.'s. ****, if i could find a carbon copy of wyatt boots at a fifth of the price, i'd buy two and beat the hell out of them. where's the need for the agony and indecision?

there are so many interesting things happening with sl. let's discuss those. if all you want is the tamest most boring stuff, surely there are cheaper and easier ways to do it. i'm not judging you, i'm just saying why waste your money, time, effort?

what are those new and interesting things? all the new season stuff trickling in, 60cm wyatts, reissues of plenty of classics like raw sk denim, suede wyatts, pin dot silk shirts, etc etc etc. not to mention all the new L01s, leathers, fabrics, cuts, designs, ideas, etc etc etc. then of course how whackarello's going to **** everything up and we'll all be buying this stuff from each other secondhand :)

hell we haven't even really discussed the vintage L01 yet.

Last edited:

LA4Lyfe

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I think the L01 and L17 actually complement each other nicely, because despite both being biker jackets, they're quite different in many ways. While currently I only own the L17, I see no problem in owning both (aside from financial, of course).

I was actually planning on picking up an L01, but with Hedi leaving, I might have to diversify my warbrobe a little before picking up another biker, despite their differences. Shame.

I'm thinking about this as well. Even though they are two different biker. I feel like if I get an l17 one or the other will get less wear.
But overall it's an amazing jacket and having both is a Grail.

Thoughts? Does anybody have both?

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so just buy cp.'s. ****, if i could find a carbon copy of wyatt boots at a fifth of the price, i'd buy two and beat the hell out of them. where's the need for the agony and indecision?

there are so many interesting things happening with sl. let's discuss those. if all you want is the tamest most boring stuff, surely there are cheaper and easier ways to do it. i'm not judging you, i'm just saying why waste your money, time, effort?

what are those new and interesting things? all the new season stuff trickling in, 60cm wyatts, reissues of plenty of classics like raw sk denim, suede wyatts, pin dot silk shirts, etc etc etc. not to mention all the new L01s, leathers, fabrics, cuts, designs, ideas, etc etc etc. then of course how whackarello's going to **** everything up and we'll all be buying this stuff from each other secondhand
smile.gif

hell we haven't even really discussed the vintage L01 yet.

I can't deny that I've become a label whore and sometimes I ask myself...if it wasn't because Hedi designed it, would I still buy that item

Hell, one of the biggest reasons nudging me to buy that simple chelsea boot is because Hedi wore a pair himself at the end of the ss13 women's runway

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads