1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. onlyslp

onlyslp Well-Known Member

best way to keep your boots' natural look is probably to put them in the shoebox and never wear them

1 person likes this.
  2. ASAPRice

ASAPRice Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

what I wore today. it had also snowed last night and everything was slushy and salty, doesn't mean I'm not gonna wear what I want. SLP pieces are still clothes, and are meant to be worn.

2 people like this.
  3. BestThreshNA

BestThreshNA Well-Known Member

What denim jacket is that?

4. ASAPRice

ASAPRice Well-Known Member

thrifted!
    outfit is:

thrift
    thrift
    ronin tee
    nudie
    SLP

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  5. Ranger44

Ranger44 Well-Known Member

Lol man. I truly don't see something wrong with little rain spray dude. Seriously?
    Was just wondering simply if rain spray would change the color of the boot and if you guys use

Kill me

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  6. BestThreshNA

Was teasing. Anyhow it does slightly change the color darker. Most people use saphir or tarago nano protect

1 person likes this.
  7. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Well-Known Member

I have a pair of paraboot suede Chelseas in a light tan, and certainly noticed a slight darkening of the color after spray proofing them.

1 person likes this.
  8. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Well-Known Member

I love suede shoes (but, for no reason I can point to, prefer non-suede boots, go figure) and have several pairs. I use Jason Markk's water repellent spray as I find Nano smells far too much. I've not seen any noticeable darkening beyond the immediate after-effect of spraying, which disappears in a few hours anyway. I have suede shoes in navy blue, light grey, and other light colors, fwiw.

9. Adamdraps

Adamdraps Well-Known Member

I wear suede boots in the rain/snow and have yet to see any type of discoloring or change in texture.

10. TheSneakyTruth

TheSneakyTruth Well-Known Member

Has SLP ever used goatskin for their boots, other than the stuff announced in this season? I'll be interested to see the quality of the shell cordovan on the new boots too.

11. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Well-Known Member

It also depends on how close you're spraying it and how much you drench the material. It's better to spray the protectant from far away and in an area with good ventilation, let it dry. Then reapply and let it dry. You shouldn't see much change in color if you follow the directions (and based on what spray it is). You should never drench the shoes in the protectant

12. Autre Vue

Autre Vue Member

Before anyone gets too excited, the Jude boot and monkstrap on the website supposedly made of cordovan leather, click the More Details button... Made of 100% Calfskin Leather.

Seems "Cordovan Leather" is more of a descriptor than actual leather made from a horse's ass (massive eyeroll).

13. GG Allin

GG Allin Well-Known Member

Those monkstraps look pretty sweet to me. I'll probably grab a pair.

Other than that it's my impression that Vaccarello straight up murdered the brand.

14. BestThreshNA

What if this whole time it's been Hedi's old team designing stuff and vacarello is the scapegoat :O

3 people like this.
  15. 604skyline

604skyline Active Member

quick question everyone, is it the general consensus that the '013 raw d02 are generally the ones to get in terms of being best cut and fit/quality?

16. thorns

thorns Well-Known Member

Hedi's team, without Hedi, is wack

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  17. gustavobradley

gustavobradley Well-Known Member

Correct

18. needhelp123

needhelp123 Well-Known Member

even still his womenswear is shit trash

19. jtj48

jtj48 Well-Known Member

Yes, but the general consensus is less of a thoughtful season-to-season comparison and more of a weird, nostalgia-tinged, "i-swear-shit-went-downhill-no-trust-me-you-could-tell-hedi-wanted-to-leave-by-AW14" sort of hype machine.

20. thorns

thorns Well-Known Member

To be fair, I think 2013 stuff may be better for those who are slimmer and are chasing after a more severe and sleek look. Things were cut smaller, more cropped, tighter footwear. Post-2013 tends to be their attempt to allow more people to be able to wear the brand.

1 person likes this.