1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. ohmydontcry

ohmydontcry Well-Known Member

the 100% wool flannels are terrible.

EDIT: I found the 90/10 online.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  2. ChrisN09

ChrisN09 Active Member

from my own experience (not with wool flannels) but the wool in itself is only itchy at first. My wool sweater was dead awful to wear without a tshirt under it, now I enjoy it

3. Shinoda

Shinoda Well-Known Member

Nut suede Wyatt are gone from the ysl site :(

4. therattler

therattler Well-Known Member

I saw the light tabacco on a pair of chelsea's at Bond Street yesterday. To my eyes it looked similar to my cropped jodhpurs from SS14 (not the blake version i.e. no exposed sole). They looked pretty nice I thought, worth a look at least.

5. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Well-Known Member

where?

6. ohmydontcry

ohmydontcry Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  7. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Well-Known Member

8. kieran84

kieran84 Well-Known Member

Thanks therattler. That sounds promising. For me the cropped jodhpur in the beige with the gold hardware from SS13 -14 are the sleekest non black suede options they've offered (ocher and tan etc. are a bit western for me), but there's no point holding my breath for that exact colour if these will do the job. Looking at the colour on Ssense, I really like the colour in the photos of the shoes alone, but on the model they look much more tan which I don't really like. Which of the photos would you say is more representative if you don't mind? I'd go down and see them but with Christmas I'm going to struggle to fit it in.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

About the jeans, if you need to sleep in them to get them to fit then they are too small in my opinion. Take the size up as they will shrink as soon as you clean them, and in my experience they don't stretch a great deal beyond the initial give in the first 15 -30 minutes of wearing them. They'll also feel tighter as the day goes on and your legs swell.

1 person likes this.
  9. onlyslp

onlyslp Well-Known Member

Trust the fit pic on the model, I actually bought a pair of tan wyatt harness from SSENSE and the pics with the shoes alone looked exactly like this one you posted
    but when I got them they are a lot more tan than they are in the picture. Pretty sure they know most people like the lighter tobacco color than the more tan ones. Otherwise I don't see why they have to photoshop it to make it lighter

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  10. ChronBong

ChronBong Well-Known Member

Saint Laurent Men's will quickly die after 2 years tops...the new designer is absolute trash and I fucking hate him compared to Heidi...he is sooo much better.

Every new stuff continues to look worse and YSL is gonna lose their "edge" They always had when Slimane was at the helm.

11. ChrisN09

ChrisN09 Active Member

Heidi

2 people like this.
  12. therattler

therattler Well-Known Member

They looked pretty light to me, definitely not as tan as the SSENSE fit pic. Maybe the colour was a bit washed out under the flourescent lights of the shoe racks. I always find that online retailers saturate their photos a bit. I ended up getting that Tom Ford corduroy collar denim jacket, went on sale at Harrods, but it's a much more faded out blue than any of photos online. Really nice piece though. I'm not a Tom Ford fan really, and don't own anything else from him, but the Japanese selvedge denim and the distressing is beautiful.

I bought the cotton and linen light blue western shirt with the raw hem. Really love it. I never thought a washed out blue would be my colour, but it looks great on. Raw hem is pretty subtle too. The fit is slightly larger than the other four versions I own in a small, but not in a problematic way. I'll be wearing it in Australia for christmas. Lookiung forward to the black and white shadow plaid to come in Jan.

Speaking of western. If AV puts out a brown (tanish) leather version of any of the boots, I will take back everything bad I ever said, and be a loyal customer for as long as I can handle it. Been hunting around real cowboy boot manufacturers for what they call a dress boot in tan leather, and there is nothing. Boulet makes a nice pair with a 40 heel, but the shaft is enormous for my skinny ankles.

1 person likes this.
  13. bawlin

bawlin Well-Known Member

How's the durability of the gaberdine teddy?

14. kwonster

kwonster Well-Known Member

Just tried it on, quality seems good but i preferred the more structured fit of the wool version and got the black white teddy instead. The green was also very nice, really dark in person.[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen the white blowouts in person. Are they really as bad as they look in pics ? Debating trying them out or doing a dyi with the discounted pair on ssense.

16. cloonz

cloonz Well-Known Member

No runway show for SL scheduled for fall 17??

17. drestyles

drestyles Member

Went to pick up my shoes and got a picture of the new light tobacco [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  18. kieran84

kieran84 Well-Known Member

Cheers drestyles, that colour isn't for me unfortunately. Nice but not my thing. This is the kind of colour I want:

[​IMG]

Not Saint Laurent, but still the kind of colour:

[​IMG]

19. 6ixSide

6ixSide Well-Known Member

Are Wyatts likely to go on sale later this month? Debating on whether I should wait it out or use Saks' $250 off $1000+ promo...missed out on a FarFetch sale for $717 last weekend.

20. supremeanarchy

supremeanarchy Well-Known Member

Hey guys, got these for sale. $380 shipped. Don't know if I'm allowed to post on here as I couldn't find a sale thread, so if there is one just point me in the right direction. They're like new. Barely used them, only worn 2x.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016