1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. drestyles

drestyles Member

Not the same. Light Tobacco is the new suede color this season.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Isolar

Isolar Well-Known Member

Those are just nuances of the same shade, which always vary from season to season.

3. mwn11

mwn11 Well-Known Member

4. chipskylurk

chipskylurk Well-Known Member

Are the cotton bandannas generally long enough to be worn as scarves? I need a new lightweight scarf.

5. therattler

therattler Well-Known Member

no.

1 person likes this.
  6. therattler

therattler Well-Known Member

edit: double.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  7. drestyles

drestyles Member

8. kieran84

kieran84 Well-Known Member

How light is the new light tobacco? Is it anything like the original beige used on cropped jodhpurs from SS13 - SS14? Cheers

9. DPU16

DPU16 Member

Will the raw denim (d02) stretch in the thigh and calves after a few wears?

Sz 31 is perfect for me all around out of the box, except there is some space in the waist.

I purchased size 30 hoping they will stretch into the fit of the size 31s.

My pair is the 98% cotton 2% elastane blend raw denim indigo pair

10. Rilea

Rilea Well-Known Member

In case any of you missed it, there's a private sale on Farfetch right now with a good selection of Saint Laurent.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  11. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Well-Known Member

You did right. Yes, it should stretch in the thighs and a bit in the calves, and you don't want stretch in the waist at the start.

12. DPU16

DPU16 Member

do you think it will stretch a full size?

I am concerned because even the sz 31 (larger one) could use a little more space in the thighs (I have big thighs) but everything else is perfect.

These would have to stretch 1 - 1.25 sizes in the thighs and a little in the calves to be perfect.

Finally, if you knew how long that would take to stretch them, that would be great. I have 1 more week with both pairs before I must return the larger size.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  13. SirGrotius

A couple things you can do. Don't work out your thighs. Do some stretches. Will only take a week or two.

14. ohmydontcry

ohmydontcry Well-Known Member

Looking for this shirt in the thicker 90/10 Wool/Nylon blend (rather than the 100% wool), I swear I saw it at an online retailer but now I can't find it... any help would be appreciated.

[​IMG]

15. DPU16

DPU16 Member

haha I skateboard, wouldn't give that up for anything :D

let's see if I can stretch these out with daily wear and sleeping in them for a week.

16. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

17. SirGrotius

I think my post is somewhat biased by the workout/exercise thread on SF, where those dudes are out of control with squats, macros, and bulking.

18. BestThreshNA

BestThreshNA Well-Known Member

They stretch out a full size. Just wear them for a few days and they will loosen out.

19. ohyehhh

ohyehhh Well-Known Member

...so you're going to sleep in the size 30 for a week and if they still aren't your cup of tea return them back for some other poor sod to buy whilst you keep the pristine 31? O_O

IME, if you can get them on, and can button them (even with difficulty) then they'll be good enough and will deffo stretch.

my thighs are pretty built too and i get on fine -- even with older season jeans which are incredibly fitted all the way through the leg (so much so that the first couple of wears i felt nauseous due to how tight they were around my legs) but the tightness you're foreseeing being a problem is something you get used to.

20. ohyehhh

ohyehhh Well-Known Member

i got this in the private sale from the official site but in the 100% wool version - i'm returning as a) didn't realise the wool would feel that itchy b) the colour is not as eye catching as i'd hoped it'd be and c) it fits tight around the arms and couldn't button it up (i bought size L, the same as my nashville with the popper buttons, guess this runs smaller).

edit: mrporter has a 90/10 blend but in the black/grey colour

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016