1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. japejapejape

japejapejape Well-Known Member

2. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Well-Known Member

It's a joke....you guys must be a hit at parties.

3 people like this.
  3. missing

missing New Member

Is anyone aware of where I can find these in 2016? I believe they are AW13 Destroyed Denim

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  4. GEJSkelly

GEJSkelly Active Member

Can anyone post a detail pic of the bottom of their raw hems cause I want to cut my Nudies and make them similar but I'm wondering how to stop them completely unraveling when they get washed etc.

5. OakGhost

OakGhost Well-Known Member

@GEJSkelly a few. A year old and no washing side one quick rinse

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8 people like this.
  6. GEJSkelly

GEJSkelly Active Member

Do they have a line of stitiching above where the raw hem ends or does it just not manage to unravel?

How do you get away with not washing by the way? I generally find other than the obvious marks that just happen in day to day life they can start to smell a bit so I end up washing.

Was thinking I might cut mine and then ask a tailor/fashion student to just do a line of black stitiching so they can't completely unravel but whilst still getting the raw hem effect.

Did my white Nudies a while back but I don't wear them often so I'm not too worried about the effects washing would have or them just unraveling in everyday use.

7. bawlin

bawlin Well-Known Member

OakGhost -- how did you manage to have your jeans hemmed/tapered while retaining the raw hem?

8. Isolar

Isolar Well-Known Member

Here are mine:

[​IMG]

I actually cut them myself, from a pair of FW14 D02s. I had the tailor do a couple stitches over the in- and outseam, to prevent them from unraveling, though they shouldn't anyway. I haven't washed these yet, as I haven't worn them that much. I normally dry clean all my Saint Laurent denim, especially the black raws. My advice is to give them some slight fraying after cutting them, then let the rest happen naturally.

@Bawlin I had these slightly cropped and tapered beforehand, then I had the tailor open the hem when I decided to turn them into raws. They're probably my skinniest jeans. Very streamlined.

1 person likes this.
  9. ChrisN09

ChrisN09 Active Member

Believe some tailors cut off the hem and sew it back on (?)

10. bawlin

bawlin Well-Known Member

Impossible with a raw hem. Just think about it.

Isolar: I've done the same with a pair of Rag & Bone jeans I have, but they don't look all that great. Just compare yours to OakGhost's and you'll see what I mean.

1 person likes this.
  11. Isolar

Isolar Well-Known Member

Fair enough, though I frankly prefer mine on the slightly more refined side, which incidentally is how they mostly appear on the runway. I imagine they'll get a little more distressed with wear, and I'm sure washing them would expedite the process. @slann01 posted an informative video not too long ago on how to achieve a similar look to OakGhost's pair.

12. missing

missing New Member

13. Mikeisonfire

Mikeisonfire Well-Known Member

Usual places man. Grailed, ebay, rakuten, etc. Gotta hunt them down yourself, nobody's gonna do the dirty work for you.

14. scanner

scanner Well-Known Member

except the band tee is a super rare whale that only got re-screenprinted because Hedi wore it for Vogue

If you really liked Sonic Youth you'd rock a washing maching or Full moon shirt all day erryday

1 person likes this.
  15. RobertC23

RobertC23 Member

Does anyone know if the Hedi 30 suede chelseas up on Saks for pre-order in "chestnut" are actually different than the current "sigaro" iteration?

16. Isolar

Isolar Well-Known Member

I know where you're coming from, and I sympathize, but I don't see the two as mutually exclusive. I've been an SY fan for a decade-plus—since I discovered rock music, basically—but a bright blue Washing Machine shirt doesn't play into my aesthetic very well. However, a Goo t-shirt, or indeed that Confusion is Sex shirt, would work very nicely with most of my stuff.

My point being, we shouldn't assume the worst simply based on the provenance of that particular shirt.

17. slann01

slann01 Well-Known Member

Sorry man, but you sound like a douche. Here's my washing machine tee, and I have also have the goo and dirty tees that got screen printed back in 2012 for a collab with Sandro. I am young and so I must not listen to old rock bands? what the fuck. This forum is getting worse as days pass

[​IMG]

18. Isolar

Isolar Well-Known Member

Moving on from this squabbling, @slann01 I'd love to see the other two shirts. Can you PM me some pics, if it's not too much trouble?

Also, out of curiosity, where did you grab that Confusion is Sex t-shirt?

19. slann01

slann01 Well-Known Member

It's a gildan tee I bought in a small music shop in Milan. I'll Pm you pics

1 person likes this.
  20. therattler

therattler Well-Known Member

sonic youth is wildly overrated.