1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. scanner

scanner Well-Known Member

"Perfect, In that case I'll bid 20% of the asking price with no intention of purchasing"

2 people like this.
  2. cesco10

cesco10 Active Member

3. dddibakar

dddibakar Well-Known Member

sizing help please... I wear hedi 30s size 39.5(fits quite nice) leather... size 40 for suede(my true size, fits way big now)..... if i were to buy suede chelsea 40 could i go to size 39? or just get 39.5 or 40? Thanks!!!!!!

4. thorns

thorns Well-Known Member

What's the length of your foot?

5. mwn11

mwn11 Well-Known Member

Does anybody know if they stock the Calf L17 as seen on Mr Porter in stores? Can only see the lamb on the website so didn't know if it was an exclusive.

6. plstcpssn

plstcpssn Member

7. mwn11

mwn11 Well-Known Member

8. OakGhost

OakGhost Well-Known Member

@japejapejape will do on the velvet. I've kicked a few curbs etc and it crushes the velvet...look good imo..I'm excited to deserve how they patina over time.

@slann01 I'm only buying the dress if it comes with the nipple sticker haha. Jokes aside the show did nothing for me..not that I'm surprised :(

9. Enigma1

Enigma1 Well-Known Member

Does anyone own this pair? I'm not into navy or deep blue jeans but I'm just wondering how you guys style it and what your thoughts are on these compared to the other blue denim in the past while. Thanks. [​IMG]

10. Prudy

Prudy Well-Known Member

Anyone tried the 'reverse' shearling pea coat in person by chance? Would love to hear your opinions.

[​IMG]

11. kieran84

kieran84 Well-Known Member

For those that use the fragments zip pouch, is the zip pouch enough to get a key, and say £100 in notes and a little bit of change in without getting too bulky / misshapen? Cheers.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  12. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Well-Known Member

Hi Enigma - I have a pair of those, I think they're the standard LW skinny jeans. They have a touch of stretch, so are very comfortable. Since they're dark but no fading spots, they're pretty versatile. That said, I don't get the sense that they're special when I'm wearing them. They're like the simple SLP aesthetic taken to the extreme, so it truly is all about the cut.

1 person likes this.
  13. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Well-Known Member

NYT had a short article on how fashion designers now are more and more responsible for the total aesthetics of their brands. Even Vaccarelo is doing the photos, branding, and men's and women's of SLP, as an example, and they gave a few others. It makes sense, but the point of the article was that these things come in waves and while this harkens back to the namesake designers' control, the controlling companies might pull back the reigns at some point, too.

14. ASAPRice

ASAPRice Well-Known Member

@SirGrotius

you got a link by chance?

15. BagelStyle

BagelStyle Member

[​IMG]
    Are these still available anywhere in size 48IT/32? Or if anyone have this specific pair of trousers in that size and are willing to sell please let me know. Thank you.

16. youwhat

youwhat Well-Known Member

Inez and Vinoodh must just be going round hacking the websites and sticking their name in there then.

17. therattler

therattler Well-Known Member

@Prudy I tried on that coat. It was really big, really thick and warm as hell. Pretty sure I sized down to a 44 (normally a 46/48). It didn't work on me--looked like a bear with toothpick legs or something.

@youwhat AV has a close relationship with Collier Schorr and Inez and Vinoodh. So regardless of the fact that he isn't physically pressing the shutter-button, it's clear that the photography is under his direction.

18. jdniii

jdniii New Member

I love the leather pants posted above by Bagelstyle and have been considering buying them used. I've found very little information about these except that they seem to rip somewhat easily considering the price tag. Does anyone have more info on these and their quality level? I'm very close to pulling the trigger but not being able to return them if they rip has be nervous. Thanks for your time.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  19. bawlin

bawlin Well-Known Member

Which is the best Saint Laurent boutique to visit in Hong Kong? Thanks in advance.