1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. CookieFlow

CookieFlow Member

Sorry for another sizing question, but I couldn't find an answer as this doesn't seem to be a very popular model...
    I really enjoy the "Palm trees" SL/06 that are releasing soon. I only have the SL/18 in 42 and they fit great, I have some WYATT in 42.5 on their way, hopefully these will be good...
    Other than that, 42 Achilles Low, US 10 in most Nikes.

Thanks in advance !

2. cloonz

cloonz Well-Known Member

For the raw hem, the ones with the campaign photo in the bed are from spring and are looser than the new ones for fall. I forget what they were either d01 or d10 but I tried a 27 which was big and the leg opening was much too big prob around 7" - I normally take a 28

3. thief

thief Member

I've seen some brown topy/dress soles placed on certain slp boots from grailed and in this thread. I'd like to do the same to my suede boots (I really don't like the prospect of using a black contrasted sole), but I can't seem to find any online or at my cobbler. Where do I get them?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  4. anonimar

anonimar Member

Any good cobbler who pays attention to details will have a variety of topy available to select from. Personally I'd take that as a sign to look for a new cobbler. (I know that isn't always possible if you're in a small town though.)

If you wanted to source your own I can't find any through an online retailer, you'd have to do something like ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RUBBER-SOLE...hash=item1c649b20c7:m:mBECA6es7C0RJvlgyX_zUuw

1 person likes this.
  5. neonrider

neonrider Well-Known Member

good advice, get a new cobbler.

i'm really enjoying this season. tons of stuff i like. i'm about to grab a couple of the leathers and a bunch of shirts. surprised you guys haven't mentioned the new t-shirt cuts, punk and surf. surf is way to oversized for me, but i think the tiger head tee is one of the best t-shirts i've ever worn, the cotton's amazing.

6. thief

thief Member

Thanks, very helpful link. I live in an edge city and I'm sure there's something better but this is a great shop run by one man. I don't have constant needs for one so it's sufficient, and way closer than driving through traffic 30-40 min downtown vs 3-4 min drive. Appreciate it

7. kieran84

kieran84 Well-Known Member

Punk fit is nice. I have the grey and black thin striped t-shirt from the YSL online store in the punk fit and it's a really nice fit - slightly oversized and looks great with skinny jeans.

8. ohyehhh

ohyehhh Well-Known Member

Is it oversized length wise as well as generally the SLP tees I find are a bit too cropped for my liking (i.e. hits above the belt)? Also what size did you go for ... I recall you saying you hover between M and L and can take either depending on fit preference..

9. therattler

therattler Well-Known Member

somebody please get the studded leather. its too cool.

2 people like this.
  10. kieran84

kieran84 Well-Known Member

Yeah it's longer in length than the others I have, but not as long as the surf sound ones which were not for me. I went with L which is what I pretty much take across the board in t-shirts and knitwear.

11. mwn11

mwn11 Well-Known Member

+1 Would love to see some actual pictures/fit pics of the studded leather and the fringed suede one!

12. zeogo

zeogo Well-Known Member

Does anyone have an email address of a knowledgable SA at SLP Rodeo or NYC?

13. onlyslp

onlyslp Well-Known Member

LOL just call

2 people like this.
  14. echau

echau Well-Known Member

I think I'm in the minority here, but I think these cognac/caramel Santiags are awesome.
    I've seen posts on the black leather harness and tan suede Santiags on here, but never these.
    Thoughts?

I already have boots in black leather, black suede, and tan suede, so maybe these would be a nice change of pace--especially at outlet prices.

[​IMG]

15. edwardh123

edwardh123 Well-Known Member

keep ur outlet receipts next time and u can return them ;)

1 person likes this.
  16. mwn11

mwn11 Well-Known Member

Ring is from an outlet. Cant return stuff that was on sale to them though buddy.

Teddy was gift from the Mrs that is too tight.
    Not sure on the colour personally. I think Prudy had some like this i saw in old pictures but like a darker brown that were real nice.

17. therattler

therattler Well-Known Member

those might look good if they were really beat up. but the more red colour version was awesome--it's kind of like the new boa devons.

18. echau

echau Well-Known Member

I agree, patina would only enhance the look.

1 person likes this.
  19. seraphm2

seraphm2 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  20. echau

echau Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.