1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

A small sample size I know, but the women I know who wear any of the SLP oxfords as part of uniform HATE them. They're know as the "clown shoes". Supposedly not very forgiving for various foot shapes. YMMV.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  2. kieran84

kieran84 Well-Known Member

Don't they have any other options in uniform for women? The men have a fair amount of options (cropped jodhpurs, two hole derbies, 4 hole derbies, Hedi 30 Chelseas, etc.)

3. LA4Lyfe

LA4Lyfe Well-Known Member

Nice.. congrats, enjoy. those aw15 mid waist tho.. 100

I wonder was there any difference fit wise to the SS16 mid waist? only thing I noticed 15 was elastane and 16 became poly

4. MORNINGSTAR777

MORNINGSTAR777 Well-Known Member

Debating ordering the Chelsea's online to see them in person now.

Also, everyone deciding between calf vs suede Deven boots - calf was bought in way more limited numbers than suede for the US Saint Laurent stores.

5. haydrak

haydrak Well-Known Member

I got this jacket at the NY flagship store.They fit TTS, like most SLP jackets, these have a cropped look too(falls right above the waist).

6. Isolar

Isolar Well-Known Member

How is ordering through Yoox (shipment packaging, etc.) compared to Porter, LVR and the like? Any experiences?

I happened to notice Brioni's first campaign under their new creative director features Metallica dressed in eveningwear and shot in monochrome. While it's still a farcry from Saint Laurent's output, and while I'm certainly not a Brioni consumer, I would find it amusing to see that label attempt to fill the void post-Hedi, however unlikely. They've even introduced a new gothic typeface logo!

7. cyc wid it

Yoox is essentially an outlet store. You will not get Mr Porter, Matches, LVR level packaging. Yoox does run the main webstore for several brands ie Margiela, SLP, etc.

8. Isolar

Isolar Well-Known Member

I'm mostly interested if the items will be packaged properly to avoid damage, not so much the luxury aspect of the packaging. I had a jacket from Farfetch arrived squeezed into a tiny box. I'm hoping to avoid that happening again, if possible. What do you think?

9. cyc wid it

Farfetch shipping is up to the particular boutique. If the boutique that the item ships from cares about packaging, you'll get great packaging. If they don't care about non-local customers much and only signed on with Farfetch to move old product, they probably don't care. I'm sure there's some minimum QC standards that Farfetch checks on sometimes, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I've never had a problem with Yoox orders - I make maybe 3 orders per year. There are others who buy/return quite a bit more frequently.

10. Isolar

Isolar Well-Known Member

Good to know. Thanks for the help!

11. Oski

Oski Well-Known Member

[COLOR=FF00AA][COLOR=FF00AA]NEED SIZING HELP!
    [/COLOR][/COLOR]
    So I've been searching far and wide for 2013 Chain Harness Wyatt's in my size. The more I read the more I feel the need to go bigger than my normal size. I have a pair of Harness Santiags in size 43.5 that fit pretty damn perfect.

I found a pair of 2013 Chain Wyatts for a reasonable price/condition, but they are 44.5. I know the shaft is slimmer as well as the ankle on the 2013's, but will these 44.5 be too big for me?

Thanks in advance y'all :slayer:

12. AB77

AB77 Well-Known Member

I upsize by 1 for Wyatt than my usual size, however I did the same with Santiag as well. For me in general I have to upsize by 1 for most SLP boots since I have wide foot.

13. LA4Lyfe

My chain I sized down .5
    But mine is fw15

14. LA4Lyfe

How does it take to stretch out/soften 100% cotton??
    Shits just uncomfortable/ruff gdamn

15. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Well-Known Member

It'll suck for about a month. The first week is the worst.

16. Denim_Connoisseur

Denim_Connoisseur Well-Known Member

FWIW, Net-a-Porter, the parent company for Mr. Porter, merged with YOOX sometime last year therefore, you should not have any issues with the quality of packaging. Personally, I have not had any issues before or after the merger.

17. Isolar

Isolar Well-Known Member

I actually think YOOX purchased the whole company. Anyway, good to know. I'm sure I won't have any issues. Like I said, I'm not even looking for luxury, just a degree of protection for the item.

18. LA4Lyfe

Here's a pics my cobbler did for me
    He cut the zipper to exposure. It's not as diagonal the fw13 version but nevertheless still exposed over hidden.....
    $35 bucks don't hurt

http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/2163090/width/200/height/400[/IMG

[IMG]http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/2163068/width/200/height/400

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    2 people like this.
  19. bwssldr

bwssldr New Member

Any pics? I don't see it on the website, unless you're referring to the one in the women's fall/winter section which has black ribbing unlike the original 13' version. Would be very excited for the chance to buy the green varsity after missing out the first time!

20. IrishFashion

IrishFashion Member

Any word when the EU sale begins?