1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. dddibakar

dddibakar Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if its possible to buy from a SL boutique at a different place rather than buying it in person and ur SA ships it to you from the store?

2. niyengar

niyengar Well-Known Member

Any details on the promo code? Would love to pick up the pair in size 41

3. valedictorian

valedictorian Well-Known Member

Guys, while I'm waiting for a response on my previous question: does anybody here know how the 'dirty vintage' denim jacket fits? I'm usually S or M in SLP?
    The online store does not ship to my country and the local SLP store does not have any denim jacket available to check the fit.

Thanks in advance!

4. Hedifan

Hedifan Active Member

Hi guys, anyone know when private sales for the French website ysl.fr might start?

Thanks!

5. Bussit

Bussit Well-Known Member

Your SA should be able to do that for you. Alternatively, you can phone order directly from that store and have them ship it to you.

6. Bimmer93

Bimmer93 Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen the FW16 Blue Stretch Denim for pre-order anywhere besides YSL.com? I've seen them used in quite a few outfits, but most other retailers don't have the jeans actually available for order. Also, are they going to be raw edge? According to YSL.com they are, but the picture clearly shows a finished edge (as we know the pictures often don't align with the actual product).

[​IMG]

7. Franky Paige

Franky Paige Well-Known Member

What's the best d02 year?

8. slann01

slann01 Well-Known Member

FW13 and SS14 in my opinion.

Also guys, I'm selling one of pieces from my collection, the shearling coat in tan merino suede and fur. It is brand new with tags, tagged rare size 46 but will fit a 44 perfectly also. Pm me if you are interested, cheers.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  9. Isolar

Isolar Well-Known Member

Outfit today:

[​IMG]

Probably as close to a summer outfit as I'll ever get. Was trying to remain inconspicuous while taking this, so the picture might be a little grainy.

@valedictorian What a coincidence! I'd say it fits TTS. I went with my normal size, which is a medium. It's a little short in the body, especially if you're tall, but if you go up a size it becomes really boxy. The arms are a touch looser than I'd prefer, but that's consistent through all the sizes. It doesn't really bother me, but some people dislike it. I think it's a great piece and I'd really recommend it.

@Hedifan The EU private sale started yesterday.

10. Franky Paige

Franky Paige Well-Known Member

Whats your feeling on the SS16 d02's?

11. LA4Lyfe

LA4Lyfe Well-Known Member

They are solid. I personally think it's best so far other than fw13-ss14. But washed them and throw em in the dryer once. Hand wash, delicate dry

Trust.

12. LA4Lyfe

LA4Lyfe Well-Known Member

I took large in the black. So should I go same??

13. Isolar

Isolar Well-Known Member

@LA4Lyfe The black denim jacket? I haven't tried it, but I've seen it in person and it's definitely even more cropped than the blue denim. I've heard it sizes smaller than the blue also. If you're a medium in sweaters and stuff, I'd go for a medium.

14. kieran84

kieran84 Well-Known Member

I bought and returned a large in that denim jacket. It all fitted nicely except for being too long to look cool so I'd go with M. Arms are loose but it fits over knitwear comfortably like that so I didn't view that as a problem.

On D02, SS 13 and AW 13 were far and away the best two seasons for me. They were pretty much perfect, far skinnier through the thigh, knee and calf. SS 14 was where they started getting considerably bigger. I owned every season up until SS 15, which is where I kind of gave up on them a bit. Thank God for the AW 15 D10 mid waists which are great.

15. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

That denim jacket is already super cropped...

16. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Well-Known Member

Liking the new stuff on the website, fun, although somewhat bittersweet seeing the last hurrah.

17. valedictorian

@Isolar Thanks! It looks awesome on you!

But what does 'true to size' mean in this specific case? I used to wear a small in many brands, including SLP, until Hedi decided a few seasons ago to crop everything. I have a few sweaters in medium but the polos (of which the template was kinda designed earlier and just replicated in subsequent seasons) are small.

I suppose 'true to size' would mean medium for me?

The best way to answer my query would be to tell me what size you wear in other (recent) SLP garments.

Thanks a bunch!!

18. Isolar

Isolar Well-Known Member

Thanks, man!

Yeah, sizing is always tough. Ummm, well, I basically wear medium in all sweaters and t-shirts, generally a 39 in shirts, and I'm a 48 in most jackets. Did you have any specific garment in mind?

How tall are you?

19. valedictorian

I'm 5ft7 (1.75m) and shirts are 38, while jackets are 46 when not SLP and 48 otherwise. I'm basically an S in pretty much every brand except SLP.

Do you maybe have jackets or coats from SLP to compare with?
    As a reference, I wear a 48 in Hedi's harrington jacket, the L01 biker, and the chesterfield coat.

20. Isolar

Isolar Well-Known Member

I'm a 48 in both chesterfields and the babycat harrington, as well as the L17. I'd guess you could go for either small or medium, depending how you want it to fit. If you go on Mr Porter, ypu can see measurements of each size, if they still have it.

If they don't have it, I can measure mine for you.