1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. neonrider

neonrider Well-Known Member

whats up guys. i'm selling both cigar suede and black leather wyatt boots in 42.5 (ss16). slightly small on me. pm me if you're interested.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

L01
    D10
    python wyatt

Last edited: May 8, 2016
    4 people like this.
  2. ppllzz

ppllzz Well-Known Member

if the prices were halved, i'd be ok with faux fur. that's some hollister level shit right there.

3. cloonz

cloonz Well-Known Member

The coats would cost $5000-10000 if real fur

1 person likes this.
  4. ppllzz

ppllzz Well-Known Member

slp has never been known for "quality," and it certainly isn't hermes.

5. Vuhoo

Vuhoo Member

[​IMG]
    Can anyone tell me the name of this wash? Its from 2015 its d02,

6. onlyslp

onlyslp Well-Known Member

wow the person hemmed it to 25 inches

7. Vuhoo

Vuhoo Member

didn't notice that but thanks for the reply

8. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

Well they did have a pink fur a few seasons ago...

9. cloonz

cloonz Well-Known Member

they are still going to milk the msrp...

10. scanner

scanner Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was around $20-30k. No way will you find a Fur Coat from any designer brand for under $15 - 20k. Regardless, they are just being cheap as fuck because they are definitely capable of producing a high quality fur alternative or using fur in unique ways. One of my favorite pieces is the Hooded Bomber Jacket with Marmot Fur (i know poor little critters, but that jacket is baller as fuck) and sure it only contained a small portion of fur but it only went for like $4500-5500 and is a strong statement piece.

As for Hermes, thats a completely different ball game. Mens outerwear is mostly made by hand and the leathers typically start at $13-15k

11. b19pen15

b19pen15 Well-Known Member

Outside of the moral and ethical issues regarding real fur— many retailers don’t even carry it, such as Selfridges, Net-a-porter, and I believe Mr. Porter (among many others). So right there is a huge incentive to use faux fur.

Further, faux fur gives the designer more control over the nuance and aesthetic of the fabric, and (especially with the unique viscose blend variety offered here) is a process that can sometimes be close to the cost of real fur, and in some cases even more expensive. It’s not as though using faux fur is automatically a money grab. The stigma against faux fur is largely based on perception rather than actual quality or aesthetic.

Source: wwd.com

1 person likes this.
  12. needhelp123

needhelp123 Well-Known Member

Yes real fur is probably bad and all but i can't be the only one who gets sick and tired of all the haters and PETA lovers, whenever fashion house post a photo of garment containing real fur or like Fendi or something you always see guaranteed tonnes of comments like "zomg real fur! i'm unfollowing!" or "disgusting, you kill animals!", it's so annoying, like you hate fur okay just shut up alreay

Those people still probably have no problem eating steak or caressing their massive collection of leather goods

2 people like this.
  13. b19pen15

b19pen15 Well-Known Member

Yes, that hypocrisy is certainly annoying, but the point is that ethics or cost are not the only factors when it comes to faux fur.

1 person likes this.
  14. ohyehhh

ohyehhh Well-Known Member

Hey neon are you normally 42.5 i.e. in fw14 nut? I am and I got the SS16 tan suede wyatts with the slimmer shaft and in 42.5 it feels noticeably tighter for me as well. When I compared side by side with SS16 high jodhpurs there is a few mm difference in length. Guess I need 43 in SS16.

15. therattler

therattler Well-Known Member

for what its worth, my SS16 high jods are a 41 and I normally take a 42 in everything.

16. onlyslp

onlyslp Well-Known Member

o shit i asked my SA to transfer some cropped jods for me........i already take the smallest size in everything else........

now you're scaring me :(

17. mwn11

mwn11 Well-Known Member

+1 in cropped too. 42 in everything took a 41 in black suede.

1 person likes this.
  18. Isolar

Isolar Well-Known Member

I'm a true 43, and I originally took 42.5 in both the fringe boots and the tobacco Wyatts from SS16, but ended up getting both in a 43 instead. My issue was getting them on—I really had to pull, and I was worried I'd end up splitting the zipper or something. A 43 is much easier for me to get on, without being too big. They do feel a touch looser, but I've worn them a few times now and I don't notice it while walking, since your feet tend to swell a bit anyway. I don't have wide feet or anything like that.

1 person likes this.
  19. niyengar

niyengar Well-Known Member

Wait, what? These are mine and they're definitely not hemmed to 25". I don't think the inseam has been touched.

20. Illithid Dude

Illithid Dude Well-Known Member

it's pretty obvious that the musical notes are so the chinese market can buy in to the most obvious and literal signifiers and iconography of americanized rock and roll aesthetic. slp is a purely commercial venture at this point, even more so now that hedi is not around to guide the retail production process (not that he was doing much to begin with). it's expensive gap at this point.

Last edited: May 9, 2016