1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Isolar

Isolar Well-Known Member

@onlyslp Yeah, that's exactly it. Outside of the shows, the only person I've seen who really rock them well is Beck.

Sadly, I'm not a rockstar—I just dress like one.

Last edited: May 6, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  2. onlyslp

onlyslp Well-Known Member

Talking about rockstars?

[​IMG]

so rock much wow

3. Isolar

Isolar Well-Known Member

Those guys must have the entire SS16 collection on between them. Guess no one ever told them about moderation...

4. echau

echau Well-Known Member

Two days in a row

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  5. Maximus6

Maximus6 Active Member

6. kieran84

kieran84 Well-Known Member

I hope they'll be re-stocked at some stage the hoodies, really need another.

7. OakGhost

OakGhost Well-Known Member

@echau destroyed look good, how's the wash on the pair you got?

8. scanner

scanner Well-Known Member

The JE hoodies are the best alternative, as long as you don't mind the stitching. My main gripe with them aside from the stitching is they stretch out and run slim & long, whereas the SLP hits you just at the hip. The SLP Terry Cloth Sweatshirts and Hoodies are practically perfect. They don't stretch out and all of the stitching and seams are hidden underneath. The Grosgrain details are a nice, elegant touch and added by hand and the hardware is a nice touch, though the zippers are not as smooth as the RiRi on JE. The SL's are also super thin and light, but not fragile and nearly skin tight which makes layering super easy and the hood is slightly bigger which gives it a nice look when layering. I can't say the SLP Sweatshirts are worth $1000 (They are not), but if you are into hoodies and a stickler for details, in my opinion they are the ultimate idea of the perfect sweatshirts money can buy.

3 people like this.
  9. echau

echau Well-Known Member

@OakGhost
    They kinda look a little different in every pic, but there's a slight yellow/brown tinge to them. In most lighting, they just look like a washed blue.
    You were right, the denim on the single knee rips is hands down better. Maybe it's because they're 100% cotton, but the wash/fading just looks superior.
    I really like the rips in your destroyed pair. I'm hoping mine will look better with wear.

10. Maximus6

Maximus6 Active Member

11. scanner

scanner Well-Known Member

I can't seem to find it online anymore and this is probably the furthest you can get away from luxury, but Uniqlo used to have a really similar option, with the metal caps on the drawstrings and everything. Same type of terry weaving on the interior. For $30 it's pretty close but it is prone to wrinkling and attracts lint and particles.

Your other option is to go for the SLP Hooded Sweatshirt with Leather Paneling.. These are pretty great for the price and made in France.. The leather is pretty incredible and supple as well.

http://www.ln-cc.com/en/brands/men/...saint-laurent&cgid=men-saint-laurent#start=17

12. jaco87

jaco87 Well-Known Member

Anyone have the current season waxed? Just ordered my true size but heard previous versions of waxed were big and very stretchy

13. Bussit

Bussit Well-Known Member

Go at least one size down.

14. thorns

thorns Well-Known Member

@dieseltheory and @echau those black suede boots looking good....making me doubt if I should only wear black calf leather

1 person likes this.
  15. onlyslp

onlyslp Well-Known Member

same....at this point though I feel like if you have the extra money then black suede is nice
    but if you have other stuff you want and don't have that extra money... you can live without it

16. slann01

slann01 Well-Known Member

Hi guys, selling some of FW13 runway belts which i doubled upon, lemme know if you are interested in any of them, from the one up top sizes are 90,95,85. PM me or send me an email for any info, have a nice weekend.
    [​IMG]

17. OakGhost

OakGhost Well-Known Member

@echau nice. Some of the ones I've seen in person at akwardly yellow looking haha..gals your looks good! Ya, I had high hopes for the knee blow out but they kinda suck..single knee took me buy surprise. Yep, yours will look better with time distressing wise, just wear em a lot haha.

18. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Angle kinda sucks, oh well.

Last edited: May 7, 2016
    2 people like this.
  19. Nimzerz

Nimzerz Well-Known Member

@Prudy i believe a while back you said you owned the long/large babycat scarf, could you post a fit pic with it? Or anybody else that owns it, I'd appreciate it. Trying to decide if I should buy it or not

20. 6ixSide

6ixSide Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend the best way to get small stains out of jeans? I just got a couple tiny spots of dirt/mud on them...not sure if I should just try to get it out with cold water, or if I should add any type of detergent.

Last edited: May 7, 2016