• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Amiri looks pretty awful.

dieseltheory

Reaction score
They're so comfy though. Honestly, it's pretty good hardware and fit. You don't see that everyday.

yes it is comfy and compared to some other jackets that are in the same price range...i'd say Amiri is well built and quality is second to none...perhaps because they do not mass manufacture their items....their denim being near the $1000 range...that's pushing it a bit i think, then again, if u have every other douchebag celebrity wearing your sh*t....you can charge whatever u want...sad but true

Slpbaby808

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

yeah....living in LA, I get to see a lot of it actually...just not into the "biker" jeans look, although i do love the denim Amiri has come out with, some of their jackets are really nice and the fit is amazing, i just think the SLP look is more of a look that is a "classic" look for those that are drawn to that style, whether it's elements from the 70's 80's 90's that are added/implemented to it, SLP gives it the modern vintage feel to it's lines...but not really sure the direction of their SS16 look...i live in LA...and i get the look, but that's more of the "venice beach/santa monica" skater/surfer boy look...not sure the whole world wants that look, then again, monkey see monkey do!

Yeah he's gonna blow up good amount. I got both shot gun tees as well. I like the jacket but I have Balmain one that's same material that's also biker but I would def cop that one if I didn't have. Yeah that look book looks like million dollar surfer look haha

Last edited:

Slpbaby808

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I also noticed that the zippers on the denim changed. They use to be slanted to ident where it bent in the middle. I believe they stopped doing that as well. My 15 and my wax fw14 dont. But the ones from before are slanted

Last edited:

swoops

Reaction score
Finally finished reading through this entire thread. Really awesome stuff makes me want to get more SLP than the high tops I currently have.

Slpbaby808

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
anybody have Wyatt chain harness? How do they fit? I see Basic Wyatt on sl site states size down but for chain harness I don't see any recommendation? any 2 cents??

Last edited:

Slpbaby808

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Haven't heard that before, but thanks SG! 

Thanks buddy. Was just reading the review on the harness on lustcatcher stuff, good reviews . He just made me put in a pre on ysl site haha

Last edited:

nicksh

Reaction score
anybody have Wyatt chain harness? How do they fit? I see Basic Wyatt on sl site states size down but for chain harness I don't see any recommendation? any 2 cents??
sizing for the chain harness should be the same as the regular harness. I'm a true 41, I have a 41 in the harness and it's perfect.

as for the jacket above, nothing jumps out to me that looks off, but I'm not expert on the jackets, and there's only one picture.

Slpbaby808

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
So upon purchasing this raw denim, how much they stretch? they are riding up my croutch a bit.. Lmao
is there hope for the crouch area or do I just gotta size up

Last edited:

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my experience they don't stretch a great deal. I'd recommend buying the size that's snug but not tight.

BeraQueezy

Reaction score
Friend of mine who works for Mr. Porter was advising me that between different sizes, the Wyatt 40 heel changes in height.

I am arguing that it would be consistent throughout. Can anyone provide insight?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads