• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dddibakar

Reaction score

Just got this in 44... Love the fit. Now waiting for the L01, can't wait....

Last edited:

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

yeah, women's sizing generally runs about 1.5 sizes smaller than men's (i.e, a men's 8 is usually around a women's 9.5), plus the shape/instep as scanner mentioned above.  not to jump the gun, but also hope you can return those..

concho wyatt's look really good, reminding me I need to develop the film I have sitting..

This is in the USA measurement system. In Italian sizing a 40 is a 40, both for men and women. Now it might be slimmer (as in less wide) but even then I doubt it, for stuff like boots sizing is usually proportional across the board. Stuff like heels (with no men’s equivalent) might be the right length but compress a somewhat larger men’s foot so if you ever want to *********** you might have to size up, here not so much.

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any love for my outfit here? i got mauled at WAYWT apparently they hate SLP

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
People don't hate SLP. That's just an incongruous fit, it doesn't matter that it's TB and SLP.

scanner

Reaction score
If you only show the bottom half it looks ok, although a little loose and sloppy. If you scroll up and only show the top half it also looks pretty good.

linstar

Reaction score
any love for my outfit here? i got mauled at WAYWT apparently they hate SLP

It's a sloppy fit that makes no sense between top and bottom half. Jeans don't fit you well, doesn't work with top half, and you tucked in your shirt with no belt. Pretty much the picture just shows how to spend a few grand to look completely clueless.

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didnt but..seems the general consensus on the outfit i understand, all good

Last edited:

irithis

Reaction score
The thing with TB is I feel you either go full TB or the look is off, even just a bit. That said, when you have a suit jacket on its best to have your shirt tucked in, with a belt too. Jeans could be more fitted, as it has the destroyed look it's best to look fitted so not as sloppy. Just my 2 cents

nicksh

Reaction score
This is in the USA measurement system. In Italian sizing a 40 is a 40, both for men and women. Now it might be slimmer (as in less wide) but even then I doubt it, for stuff like boots sizing is usually proportional across the board. Stuff like heels (with no men’s equivalent) might be the right length but compress a somewhat larger men’s foot so if you ever want to *********** you might have to size up, here not so much.
I stand corrected. cheers.

ChronBong

Reaction score
How short are you Adamdraps? they look like 19cm cut, not the 16cm cut they usually go for.

I usually wear the same jean look as 28 because I work out a lot but I wear size 31.

Last edited:

Adamdraps

Reaction score
How short are you Adamdraps? they look like 19cm cut, not the 16cm cut they usually go for.

I usually wear the same jean look as 28 because I work out a lot but I wear size 31.

I'm 5'10, 135-137 lbs

ChronBong

Reaction score
I'm 5'10, 135-137 lbs
Oh weird, the size 28 doesnt make u look like u are that skinny. damn, that's really lightweight.

I'm like the same height but am at 175 lbs atm. Wow, weird cuz the size 28 what you are wearing is what my jeans look like on me atm.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads