1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Well-Known Member

If you think 1) 17.5 cm jeans are not already skinny and 2) a 2.5 cm taper is worth $600, I suggest you reevaluate your life.

2. Rocco32

Rocco32 Member

I only dress the 15.5 jeans: the fit is fantastic, they are skinny but the denim is stretch and after 1 hour of use they are very comfortable. I also tried the 17.5 jeans and there is a great difference in the hem and in the leg. Personally I like much better the 15.5 jeans.

3. kelice

kelice Well-Known Member

I also have several 15.5, and I think they are great. I think they are the jeans that look the best on me as I'm tall and thin :)

4. bolimachine69

bolimachine69 Active Member

• lmaozedong if I decided to buy a jeans in one cut maybe I would sell the other one; anyway the more polite answer is that I spend my fuckin money in what I want

5. AlexanderTG

AlexanderTG Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Got my black dry denim jacket in today. Very happy with the fit overall. But having to get a XXL (I needed that generous 21.5" chest) rolling the sleeves up twice is a must. Bit of a drag.

But Mr Porter UK site came through again (they were sold out in that size on the US site). Even refunded my shipping (30 pounds or $45) when I asked if there was a cheaper option to the US.

It's a beautiful jacket. Lighter weight than I expected. Perfect for the coming warmer days and very sharply cut. I'll try to post a pic tomorrow.

Cheers.

6. max-t

max-t Well-Known Member

does anyone have this seasons varsity in a 46?

7. Marv

Marv New Member

Hey guys...

just bought my first pair of SLP 15.5 hem and I love them! Also ordered the Zipper Biker and thinking about buying some more pants.

To my question:

I bought the 15.5 black waxed which is a D 02 M/SK - a skinny Fit as the Lady from the store said.
    (Should be this one: http://www.mrporter.com/product/374184?openTab=4)

Now I saw this which obviously looks more like a slim fit but should be the exact pant I bought?:
    http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.a...nderMemoCode=men&CategoryId=&SubLineMemoCode=

The fit is the same as, as seen on the pictures from the side in comparison:
    http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.a...nderMemoCode=men&CategoryId=&SubLineMemoCode=

And lets compare this to an actual Skinny:

Im pretty sure mine is an actual Skinny, since it has the same fit as the Skinny solid black one above and the right code, but im a little bit confused.
    Does anybody know if there are any fit differences between the 15.5 hems? They are also made with different combinations of cotton, poly and elast.
    I don't want to order the wrong fit in the future when I'm not able to get to a store.

Excuse my bad englisch.
    Thanks in advance guys!!!

8. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

The navy one? My local boutique has them on order with the black one (again).

15.5cm is undoable if you like to eat or exercise.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  9. kelice

kelice Well-Known Member

I do :)

1 person likes this.
  10. max-t

max-t Well-Known Member

was askin for it lol^

yeah would really like to buy one. maybe just go for a 48? i have a calf slp bomber that fits perfect in a 48, but i'm a 46 in the rider.

11. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Well-Known Member

You probably want the 46. They run boxier than the leathers.

12. kelice

kelice Well-Known Member

I would say it's not large to size, but it's a bomber and can be worn slightly over :p
    However you can always e-mail ysl.com and ask if it's available in any of their stores, and I think they can ship it to you. Good luck!

13. max-t

max-t Well-Known Member

thanks guys, i'll try emailing ysl. i know the main sa dude at the nyc store so maybe i'll bother him for it.

p.s. sa convinced me to buy a pair of 17cm slim raws and let the store tailor make them 15.5 skinny and they're the best fitting jeans i ever had. the sa did that to the black stretch slims too to keep the button fly.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
    2 people like this.
  14. Thatsteez

Thatsteez Well-Known Member

Not entirely accurate for everyone. I played hockey all my life which consisted of major skating and leg work, particularly in the thighs. Sized up one for the 15.5s and they've been fine. I've worn mine about 5-7 times already and they fit great. Keep in mind that they *do* stretch. In my case, I'm hoping not too much.

15. AlexanderTG

I'm waiting on a pair of the black 19cm stretch denim jeans to arrive. My question is would there be any reason to have these hemmed with space to roll up or are they just too skinny in general to ever really do that?

Thanks

16. Bussit

Bussit Well-Known Member

You shouldn't have any problem rolling them up since they're the straight leg model and the leg opening will be larger than 19cm assuming you didn't buy a 32.

17. AlexanderTG

No, I got a 33. I'm 5'6" and so I always have to get my jeans hemmed. It's my first pair of SLPs and so I wasn't sure if there was a plus (i.e. selvedge stripe) to rolling them vs just hemming to fit.

Thanks.

18. Bussit

Bussit Well-Known Member

The only person who can decide whether or not it's a plus to show off the selvedge/cuff your jeans is you. If anything, get them hemmed for you to cuff to see how it looks. If you don't like it, get them hemmed to fit.

1 person likes this.
  19. keanswon

keanswon Well-Known Member

The 15.5's aren't as extremely skinny as everyone makes them out to be - I was pretty worried about my first pair, and decided to go with 29 (I wear 28-29) in the "raw" pair, only to find out that they aren't all too tight in the legs and also stretch a bit in the waist. The ripped jeans, chained jeans, and stained jeans fit skinnier than other "normal" 15.5's (I have the black stained pair, which are skinnier in the legs, but the waist is still a bit loose). And from all the measurements I've seen, the SS14 bleached/faded jeans seem even looser than the older normal 15.5's. I'm hoping to get a black pair in 28 and a bleached pair in 27 or 28.

Granted, I'm fairly skinny, but the 15.5's are definitely doable for a lot of people. I have a pair of Undercover FW13 ribbed jeans, which fit much skinnier in the legs than the 15.5's. Don't be afraid to give the 15.5's a try!

20. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Well-Known Member

I've had similar experiences. Do you mind my asking your height and weight since I'm thinking of picking up a pair of the faded jeans. I usually wear 27 raw and 28 regular