1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. kelice

kelice Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried to wash their jeans? Mine are labelled "do not wash".
    :)

2. kelice

kelice Well-Known Member

I like the jeans as always, the bomber jacket which is similar to the one from AW13, as well as the leopard sleeveless t-shirt (sick look with waxed black jean) and some of the sweatshirts :)
    However the sneakers don't fall in my taste, I would probably buy them if it wasn't for the #*% buckles...
    I like the new lighter pattern on the leather products as well (cardholder, wallet, bag....)

How about you? Decided to order something?

The new season products are continuously changing from "pre-order" to "available". Wooo :D

3. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Well-Known Member

I was looking for images of a recent SLP purchase I made (double breasted light jacket with naval buttons from the s/s 2014 collection), and stumbled upon a pretty cool fashion blog that's highlighting some SLP stuff. SLP seems to photograph well. :slayer:

http://www.2nd-blog-cafe.jp/new/saint_laurent_paris/

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  4. aphex2779

aphex2779 New Member

I have a question about the harness boots which i received today

http://www.farfetch....px?storeid=9506

..length-wise and width-wise they are fine but the zipper on the side is too tight on my ankle..does anyone know if the leather stretches at all in that area? Or should I return them?

Any help, highly appreciated..thanks..

5. filcol

filcol Well-Known Member

I love the new washes, especially the grey and blue one on LVR. Def. gonna get at least one of the jeans. Also the bomber jacket is good as always, although I prefer the white/black one over the recent all-black one.

I actually love a lot of the clothes, however price is constantly putting me off. Some things are just horrible over priced. I'm pretty happy to see jeans under 300€ though, doesn't really make any sense with cotton hoodies at 500€.

6. SirGrotius

Good call on the jeans.

Yes, the hoodies seem expensive relatively speaking. I was at their NYC shop (midtown), and not that it necessarily justifies the price, but I noticed the hoodies are extremely soft and tend to have leather details which may contribute to the price.

7. jstrath406

jstrath406 Well-Known Member

These look fantastic, wish I saw earlier before they sold out on Matches. Anyone know where these can be found in a 30?

8. max-t

max-t Well-Known Member

is there a list of stockists anywhere?

9. max-t

max-t Well-Known Member

thanks dude. ive been looking through most of those trying to get a regular black pullover hoodie. anyone know how the sweatshirts/hoodies fit? tts or do i size up?

10. Maximus6

Maximus6 Active Member

Im looking for some advice on a pair of SLP jeans. I usualy wear a size 31/32 in 17.5 stretch jeans from Dior and a size 32 in Balmain stretch jeans.

Would you guys recommend me a 32 or a 33 for SLP in the 15.5 cut stretch jeans?

11. linstar

linstar Well-Known Member

Depends how skinny your legs are. The 15.5s are really skinny from the knee down. I wear a 27 in diors and my 15.5s in a 28 are tight in the calf.

12. filcol

filcol Well-Known Member

Can someone comment on how accessible/big the pockets are on the skinny/slim models? Thing I hate most with my APC PS is that the pockets are soo tight I can't even really fit my phone in.

13. SirGrotius

Honestly, I have found them to be slightly more accessible now that I think about it, but I never did top of mind!

14. Illithid Dude

Illithid Dude Well-Known Member

The back pockets on the 15.5cms are oversized, so you can easily fit your phone in.

15. mugatu

mugatu Well-Known Member

trying to fit a phone inside a ultra skinny jean pocket is kind of an oxymoron imo.. but yea back pockets on SLP denim are bigger than on APCs

anyways, i tried on some black 15.5cms at SLP the other day and noticed they were 95% cotton 5% elastane.. they must have been from the early first collection because all the other skinnies on display 98% cotton?? anyone mess with those?

16. Illithid Dude

Illithid Dude Well-Known Member

In the SS13 collection, there were two pairs of skinny jeans- a 16cm cut with only 2% elastance, which later became the current 15.5cm cut, and a cut with 5% elastane that might have been 15.5cm (though I am not sure).

17. mugatu

mugatu Well-Known Member

actually i just assumed the "SK" models were 15.5cm but i think you're right those SS13 skinnies were 16cm.. i didn't realise they tweaked the cut so much on those.. here is a pic of them it also looks like the top block was wider..

[​IMG]

i kinda like the cut but that 5% elastane sounds a little extreme, not to mention the fabric hardly feels like real denim anymore..
    anyone have any experience with them?

18. SirGrotius

I have. I too did not like the "feel" as much, but I don't think I ever received as many compliments as for those jeans. For some reason the cut worked very well and they seem to stack very naturally. I stupidly hemmed them a bit (I'm only 5'6") and the tailor butchered them.

19. filcol

filcol Well-Known Member

I prefer to put my things somewhere else (bag/jacket) usually, but especially when I'm out in the night, let's say clubbing, I have to at least carry phone and wallet with me.

A plus point for skinny jeans though is that it's hard to steal your stuff out of the pockets :D

1 person likes this.