1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

saddleback backpacks - square backback vs large simple backpack?

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by Ennius, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Ennius

Ennius Well-Known Member

2. Ennius

Ennius Well-Known Member

No saddleback fans here?

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

I'm going to move this to the menswear advice thread.

Re. Saddleback - they used to advertise here, years ago, and I also got to handle a lot of their product. Good packs, but sometimes improbably heavy. And I am used to carrying military rugged computers and wearing very heavy leather jackets... so it's not like I'm afraid of that weight. But.. it's a lot.

Re. the weight difference? Simply look at the differences between the packs:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    The squared backpack has a whole lot more hardware in the handle (and also on the side pouches), a ton of internal pouches, and has a front pouch that is pretty sizable.

4. Ennius

Ennius Well-Known Member

thanks LA GUY.

Now that you point out the differences I see them.

Did you ever buy one of their backpaces?

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

No problem. No, I never have, Though I like the bags, there was always something else that I liked a little more.