1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Saarinen table questions

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by DocHolliday, Jun 12, 2010.

1. thekunk07

thekunk07 Well-Known Member

btw i have an oval 72" saarinen dining table, original, if anyone is interested. the wife has given me a one week window to find a home for it.

2. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Well-Known Member

I have one that is in direct sunlight all day, if it has yellowed, it has not been noticeable. The table is about 5 years old. I wouldn't be too hyperactive about keeping it new looking, some would say they look better with a little character. Just clean up spills quickly.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  3. Bounder

Bounder Well-Known Member

Get the uncoated one and use this.

http://www2.dupont.com/Stone_Care/en_US/products/prod_pgs/sealer.html

Untreated marble, especially light-colored marble, is prone to staining. If it is somewhere where there is any risk of that, you do need to seal it. Otherwise, the first time you spill some wine, you will be . . . displeased.

This stuff works great. The only thing is that you need to re-apply it every few years. But all you have to do is wipe it on and let it dry.

4. Edsal17

Edsal17 Well-Known Member

I think that is what I'm going to end up doing. Though most people haven't had an issue, the warning from the various authorized dealers is enough to be of concern. I think your suggestion is a happy medium.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013