1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

S.T. Dupont lighters

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by johnnymarrsbarres, Jun 2, 2006.

1. johnnymarrsbarres

johnnymarrsbarres Active Member

I recently treated myself to a Ligne 2 lighter. However, the gas (the gold refil cartridge) has run out after just over a week's use. is this normal?

Also, I've seen some adapters on ebay that allow the lighters to be filled with regular butane. do these work, or could they damage the lighter?

Admittedly, I have been playing with it a lot. New toy and all...hehe [​IMG]

thanks.

2. Tomasso

Tomasso Well-Known Member

First off, you'll get much better mileage when you begin using it as a tool instead of a toy, but I certainly understand your excitement[​IMG] . As for the cheaper fuels, I've heard stories of them gumming up lighters so I've shied away from them, although I have been tempted. Also, remember to bleed your lighter before every refill, very important.

3. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

I recall Dunpont has different catridges with color-codes for the various lighters. However, I wouldn't try cheap butane as they might even be dangerous.

4. johnnymarrsbarres

johnnymarrsbarres Active Member

yeah labelking, dupont have different cartridges for different lighters (my ligne 2 takes the gold ones). i've seen some screw in adaptors though that convert the socket from dupongaz (butane with a weird screw in thing) to regular lighter gas (butane with a sstandard screw).

whoa, i've had a few G&T's tonight...off to bedski i think.

thanks all.

-Simon