1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

S.E.H Kelly

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JohnnyLaw, Dec 1, 2011.

Tags:
  1. walden

walden Member

2. Jayboy

Jayboy Well-Known Member

Hi Paul!

Im very curios about the new frames . Especially the black ones. Om using Oliver Peoples Rileys at the moment an are curios to replace them with yours. What size are they, and do you have any more "fit" pictures with them?

Kind Regards,
    Jerry

3. sehkelly

sehkelly Well-Known Member

Dear Jerry

Sorry for the late reply; I seem to have somehow disabled Styleforum alerts to my inbox.

There are quite a few "fit" pictures of the frames near the foot of the product pages -- e.g. http://www.sehkelly.com/shop/opticals/spectacle-frame-with-hockey-end-sides/. I am afraid that is all we have, for now, but the plan is to continue having the frame feature in future photoshoots, in an ongoing sort of way.

The diameter of the visible lens is 43mm, and the total width of the front is 127mm.

I hope that helps, but do let me know here (with alerts now enabled) if I may assist further.

Paul

4. Spehsmonkey

Spehsmonkey Well-Known Member

Just wanted to clarify--your gift cards never running out means they can be used multiple times? So there would be no point in buying (i.e. having people gift me) more than one?

5. sehkelly

Not quite.

They never run out in the sense that there is no expiry. If you buy a £50 gift card today, it will still be valid for as long as S.E.H Kelly is in existence (i.e. until the end of time).

But once it is spent, then it is time to buy a new one.

Hope that clarifies things.

Paul

6. Spehsmonkey

Spehsmonkey Well-Known Member

Hah, thanks for the response, Paul. I was honestly pretty surprised when I first read that because it seemed like a crazy system for you guys to be able to handle.

Anyway, looking forward to placing an order in the somewhat near future. Your clothes all look beautiful, to the point that I'm sitting here staring at closeups of trouser seams.

7. sehkelly

Excuse the late reply, but the duffle coat; it took rather longer than expected (but hey -- what's a few months between Styleforummers).

It is finished now, I am pleased to say -- both in camel and in navy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There cloth is a worsted duffle from Somerset, and the toggles are each individually made by hand, presumably by one or two people, in a small place up north.

Here we go: http://www.sehkelly.com/shop/jackets/.

Paul

3 people like this.
  8. burghler

burghler Well-Known Member

Thanks Paul. That looks really good!

9. sehkelly

Evening

The fall (or autumn, as we say here) version of the balmacaan has now arrived, in brown / grey, over at http://www.sehkelly.com/balmacaan-in-tobacco-brown-donegal-tweed/.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There is a navy / grey version in the offing, too, to which the finishing touches are currently being applied.

[​IMG]

It is made with a heavy herringbone tweed, from County Donegal. Nepps and burrs galore.

Over and out.

Paul

3 people like this.
  10. Mulan

Mulan Well-Known Member

I remember emailing in about a custom coat a year back for something almost to these exact specifications, but you were not taking custom orders at the time, or now. Glad to see this got made! [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  11. skenney

skenney Well-Known Member

Is it just luck of the drawl regarding whether or not I'd get charged with customs fees, if I order a jacket?

12. Asian Afro

Asian Afro Well-Known Member

I've never been hit with custom fees in Canada when the package is posted via Royal Mail.

13. sehkelly

I must admit it isn't an issue raised by any of our customers in Canada, over the past four or five years, no.

But please, if you have any concerns about this, or further questions, by all means ask.

14. skenney

skenney Well-Known Member

It would be shipped to the US, if that makes a difference.

15. sehkelly

Oh yes, sorry. Nope -- we send orders to the States fairly frequently and have seldom if ever encountered or had reported the sort of problem you mention.

16. NaTionS

NaTionS Well-Known Member

Can anyone comment on how warm the SB2 and SB3 jackets are? Been eyeing them for a while but my office keeps the temperature way too high during the winter, probably 70F (22C) or so.

17. sehkelly

Both of the most recent SB2 and SB3 jackets are warm indeed.

The SB3 in the Donegal gun-club cloth is medium-weight tweed; the SB2 cloth, the Inner Hebridean tweed, is medium-to-heavy. We have used the same quality of cloth for our peacoat this year, and even then -- with a full-on outerwear garment such as that -- it packs some heft.

I would happily wear either of the jackets, over a sweater and thick shirt, on all but the coldest days here in London. (Maybe with a scarf, too.)

I hope that helps, but please, happy to help with any other questions.

Paul

18. moulton

moulton Active Member

Hi, any new trousers on the horizon?

19. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

20. sehkelly

There will be new trousers in time for spring. Linen and cotton, most likely, in the standard and proper trouser models.

We're working in a new, narrower trouser, too, and are currently deliberating over whether to stick with the pleats or give them a rest this time.

But yes -- the trouser department will be imbued with fresh energy and zeal over the next few months.