1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ryan Gosling's Grey Jeans

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MrTambourineMan, Nov 9, 2011.

1. thedriver

thedriver Member

And in that photo his right boots looks like it's a plain toe. It's really hard to say. Either way, Red Wing makes some great boots, I have the 875's and I wear them almost every day. The Iron Ranger's are going to be better boots than anything you'd get from an Army Surplus store anyway. Sorry I can't give you a definitive answer on this one. Let me know if you have questions on any of his other stuff.

2. Macintosh504

Macintosh504 Active Member

Dont be sorry , you've helped me A LOT.. i think you're right tho about the iron rangers..

I also love the 875's. I plan on getting them soon and yeah if I have anymore questions in the future I'll just post them in here.

Thanks a lot !

3. thedriver

thedriver Member

4. Macintosh504

oh ok thanks. yeah I've looked for those g hill ones everywhere and can't find the od black ones. hopefully they will make some more in the summer .

5. Macintosh504

driver, have you ever seen pictures of him wearing altamont jeans in alameda fit? just wondering the comparison between that one and imperial..

if not it's cool.

thanks

Also, Im pretty sure these are imperial.. Just wanted and second opinion and I was wondering what color do they call these jeans.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2013
  6. thedriver

thedriver Member

Macintosh,
    I'm not 100% sure on these, and I've done quite a bit of looking, but I'll tell you what I know. I believe they're the Wilshire fit, and to my knowledge, he hasn't worn the Alameda. But if the washes are the same, it would be very difficult to say, as everyone is built differently. I have the Wilshire and they fit me just like they fit him, so I believe that those are the fit that he's wearing. We have the same build, I'm just a little shorter than him. That was taken in Thailand while he was filming Only God Forgives. He definitely had his Altamont Wilshire in Stone Wash there, but it looks like he had a second grey pair of Altamont jeans. The ones in the photo you posted could be in Stone Wash as they can look very different depending on lighting, but I'm not sure they are. Here he is in Thailand wearing what I'm certain are the Altamont Wilshire in Stone Wash. Note how the rolled cuff has the same contrast as the one in the above photo:

http://cdn02.cdnwp.celebuzz.com/wp-...2/16/10Ryan-Gosling-on-set-021312-435x580.jpg

Here's another photo from Thailand, but in this one you can see gold stitching on the fly, which the Stone Wash don't have:

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/pho...ai-Twosome-ryan-gosling-28961248-817-1222.jpg

And further, here's a picture in LA of another pair of Altamonts:

http://goslingfan.com/gallery/albums/albums/Candids/2012/04-28/normal_002.jpg

http://goslingfan.com/gallery/albums/albums/Candids/2012/04-28/006.jpg

Here's a picture of a pair of jeans that I have that could be the same as one of the ones above. The ones in the link are Alameda, but mine are Wilshire. Otherwise they're the exact same.

http://www.skatedeluxe.de/en/altamont-alameda-basic-jeans-grey_p19325

You can see the gold stitching on the fly, but the regular stitching on the inseam just like his. The photo is an accurate representation on the color in person. A taupe/grey. I haven't washed them yet, but I have a feeling that the color will fade (especially if I don't wash them inside out) and that might be what happened to Gosling's pair.

It's also possible that they're the same jeans, (Wilshire Basic Overdye) but in Light Grey instead of Grey.

https://altamontapparel.com/collections/wilshire-basic-overdye-7/light-grey/

So, as I said, I can't give you a definitive answer. Let me know if you make any headway on this or if you have any other questions. Good luck!

7. Macintosh504

Yeah I think the one I posted and the two pictures with him wearing eye glasses and him wearing the motor cycle helmet are the same jean, imo. I think the Wilshire Overdye Light Grey is too light of a color for it to be these jeans; however, I also think that the stone wash it too blue for it to be that color. It could just be worn out like you said, but it's hard to tell. If I had to take a guess I'd say they may be Wilshire in Graphite maybe.. or like you said just worn out stone wash. What's your take on them possibly being in graphite?

8. thedriver

thedriver Member

I think you're right that the two photo sets are of the same jeans. And I think they're probably the ones that I have with the gold stitching and that they're just faded. If you look at his black jeans, in some photos they nearly look grey because they're so faded. The jeans even have a tag on the inside saying that the color will fade out.

9. Macintosh504

So you think the original picture is a faded wilshire in stone wash and the two pictures where we think are the same jean are wilshire in grey?

Also It's hard for me to tell if Wilshire would fit me well like they do on him. I'm only 5'9 around 160 ish, but Im have an athletic build to me. So idk if like 30 x 30 wilshire jean would fit me like the sized jean he wears and unfortunately I dont have any places near me that sell altamont.

10. thedriver

thedriver Member

That's exactly right, yeah. At least that's what I think. As far as fit goes, I find that they have some stretch to them, and they're quite forgiving. If you normally take a 30 or 31, I'd say you're fine with the 30 x 30. The shorter inseam will give them that tailored look that his have rather than the "stacks" that a longer inseam would give.

11. Macintosh504

alright great!

Thanks again

12. thedriver

thedriver Member

13. Macintosh504

hey driver, you wouldn't happen to know what brand of pants these are? They arent jeans and Im almost certain they aren't Altamont Davis slims ( no altamont tags on the pants plus these have buttons in the back pockets). Since I probably wont be able to get any of the jeans I want anytime soon, since they are all sold out, I'd figure I'd try and get these.

[​IMG]

This may not be the best picture but they have a few more of him wearing these during that day and also while he is on set for his how to catch a monster movie. If you can't figure it out it's cool

Thanks!

14. TypeWriter

TypeWriter Member

I think MrTamborineMan may owe me a cool $20 for finding the jeans. Correct me if I'm wrong....

1 person likes this.
  15. tobiasj

tobiasj Well-Known Member

^^ Yeah good luck collecting that :)

16. TypeWriter

TypeWriter Member

17. havingaraveup

havingaraveup Well-Known Member

Wow. That is my response to this whole thread. This is absurd.

Last edited: May 24, 2013
    2 people like this.
  18. mrjester

mrjester Well-Known Member

Is there any way to mark a thread as spam so I never see it again? I think someone is trolling.

19. mr usneun

mr usneun Well-Known Member

Just unsubscribe?!

20. mrjester

mrjester Well-Known Member

No, from never seeing it again, while going through new posts. This stupid thread is always at the top.

Working on finding out how.