1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Rubinacci "...Best Bespoke Tailor on Earth..." article

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Texasmade, Sep 20, 2016.

1. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Well-Known Member

The package deal is nice, but it's not like staying in Naples for a week + suit would cost you more than $5,500 if you went to another tailor and hotel. It's just icing on the cake if you plan on using Rubinacci.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Yeah, If you count that you get 7 nights at Rubinacci, that suit suddenly seems pretty reasonably priced (for what it is).

3. gs77

gs77 Well-Known Member

I've been in Napoli so I covered all the basics, this would be pure relaxed enjoyment. (Pompeii again is a must, though).
    I know there might be better "value" and other options if one is looking for suit. But this seams to be more about experience. Especially my wife - she gives no value to things, but she would give fortune for the right experience. Not sure what I wrote makes any sense... And I happen to like Rubinacci's house style, at least from pictures. This is just an idea, who knows...

4. vida

vida Well-Known Member

Spot on! You're EXACTLY right!

5. SartodiNapoli

SartodiNapoli Well-Known Member

He has for rent some flats, not sure if his old house on the center of Naples or his millionaire villa around with in house decoration as manequins etc and for limited time as 15 days or 1 month max, so I think he must be using that as hook to get suits made, or maybe the article was about this.

6. vida

vida Well-Known Member

Sart, are you really this bitter, negative and arrogant? I can't recall one positive comment from you. I'm hoping you are nothing more than a forum spook simply trying to stir shit up. I hope for your sake the latter is accurate. Otherwise, you are pathetic.

7. SartodiNapoli

You should read some of my help post, some were called for best post award of last year, also voted best member of the year time ago, do not remember if two years in a row, even honestly I do not think I ever deserved it or will, I am only myself and keep improving daily, for the rest, you got a reported for insulting and should give another by being fan of Rubi as well as tip.[​IMG]

Thank you.

All my haters are same... And in common either: fans of Rubi. It all resumes it all...

By the way: http://www.styleforum.net/t/529648/dylan-son-singapore-beware#post_8586253

Edited:

This post resumes all what this poster/hater knows about tailoring, normal he hates me, the best is the great answer of the great poster instead Lordsuperb, then my hater answer naming only internet names, so he must be a blogger or internet kid who HAS ANY IDEA ABOUT THE BUSINESS OTHERS ARE IN.

Quote:
    Quote: Vida:Fair enough, but it seems they must not want extra exposure. I'm sure Rubinacci, Sartoriaripense and Liverano have plenty of business but they are all over the Internet. Perhaps it is just their own penchant for marketing. I don't think I have ever seen a photo of any of the American tailors either alone or with clients (during a fitting or even the shop interior).

Me: The real tailors do not need or even want to be on the internet, because as I have explained for years, it makes them loses serious clientele. Naming Rubinacci or Ripense and tailoring on the same sentence, that can´t be on the same sentence, so I assume is a blogger.

Sorry mods for this post, but an insulter with any idea but pure narcissism deserves to be placed on his right place. ( for me the block member list)
    Good night

8. vida

vida Well-Known Member

You're an idiot.

9. SartodiNapoli

I already answered about this poster.

Dear mods, please ban this insulter.

Thank you

1 person likes this.
  10. Markboots

Markboots Well-Known Member

Hi Vida,

I actually have had great experience dealing with Sartodi. I even bought 6 ties from him and posted about it. He has a wealth of knowledge and has been more than willing to share his knowledge with me. You simply only need to ask. I am not sure why you make such harsh comments about someone you know so little about. I would hope that this message board would look to remove this type of posts. I will leave that to the moderators to determine.

2 people like this.
  11. gs77

gs77 Well-Known Member

Changing my mind. Im going to Napoli and having @SartodiNapoli as a guide :)
    That should be fun

2 people like this.
  12. Markboots

I could not agree more. With his knowledge and honest opinion I feel very confident I would get a great fitted suit with Sartodi in my corner.

1 person likes this.
  13. gs77

gs77 Well-Known Member

Suit is secondary. I have a feeling Sartodi is fun to hang out with.

1 person likes this.
  14. Markboots

True dat! It would be an entertaining adventure.

15. coolpapa

coolpapa Well-Known Member

I've stayed at Casa Rubinacci and it is a really nice apartment (there are actually three I think, all in the same building). I've been to Naples several times, and it is was convenient to have a place to stay, but as others have pointed out, it's not going to offset the cost of a suit. I think we stayed there three nights maybe, I can't remember, but it was a nice benefit and relatively painless. I like Naples, but I can't imagine spending seven days there.

1 person likes this.
  16. SartodiNapoli

On the rent apartments I said he offered? Are nice?

How long is the maximun time allowed?

There is sentence about Naples that says:

In Naples you cry twice, the first day you go, and the day you leave.

I can say it happened to me, so it´s true.

17. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Well-Known Member

Interesting article, but I didn't like the finished product they showed at the end of the article as much as I thought I would. Maybe I just don't care for their house-style, as it were.

1 person likes this.
  18. Texasmade

Texasmade Well-Known Member

Did you get a suit made while you stayed there even though it was only a few nights?

19. coolpapa

coolpapa Well-Known Member

I had a couple that were already in progress and wanted to do a fitting in Naples, rather than with Luca in NY. So I needed to be in Naples and needed a place to stay, so asked if i could stay given I had a couple of things in progress and did that. They didn't finish them while I was there and I didn't expect them to. I guess I could have hung around a week or so to pick them up, but I didn't want to spend a week in Naples.

20. crdb

crdb Well-Known Member

"Hate" is a strong word, but I approach these articles with strong negative bias because in most cases they are paid content, and Rubinacci is one company which has consistently given me the impression that they really understand and play the PR game, down to the overexposed photos currently popular on Instagram. Like many readers, I decry the selling out of journalism to advertising whilst not moving a finger to stem it (for example by paying for a subscription to high quality content).

That being said, when the content is entertaining and provides value, it is worth reading. I'd rather read fluff pieces by/about Rubinacci than Hugo Boss (who somehow never mentions their rich heritage rooted in modern German history) or yet another watch ad for some unknown company throwing away their investor money into attempting to grab a few points of market share from Rolex with hastily put together horrors at 100x manufacturing cost. Still, caveat emptor.

1 person likes this.