1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Roy's Jeans - Single Man Made

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kiya, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Master Milano

Master Milano Well-Known Member

God, that's too good... Will prolly drop by tommorow just to check em out.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  2. Jacob_G

Jacob_G Well-Known Member

Wow those look nice. How should I size them? In apc petit standard and dior 19cm I went for 30 (I guess I am a real 32). So should I go for 31?

3. kiya

kiya Well-Known Member

Yup, i'd say a 31 should be perfect.

4. Jacob_G

FUUUUUUUUuu non left -.-

5. Jacob_G

Soo squeez in a 30 or hot soak a 32?

6. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

ROY one-offs are way too good to come out when I'm still in the middle of a denim contest. :fu:

Just gotta stay strong until April.

7. kiya

kiya Well-Known Member

We have one pair left in that size at SELA, call there now to place a phone order.

8. jim_n

jim_n Well-Known Member

did those 31's get scooped up?

9. 510kut

510kut Well-Known Member

they were there a couple hours ago tried them on but my ass is too fat so I nabbed the 32s.

btw kiya would you suggest soaking them before wearing?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  10. aj_del

aj_del Well-Known Member

Are the 31 and 32 yet to be listed or are they already gone ?

11. Jacob_G

12. kiya

kiya Well-Known Member

Self Edge LA still has at least one pair of every size left. We accept phone orders there and shipping is still free to you.

1 person likes this.
  13. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Well-Known Member

They were already listed and sold out on the website, but you might be able to call the NY or LA stores and place an phone order.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't see kiya's response before I typed.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  14. kiya

kiya Well-Known Member

Just had a long talk with Roy about this next batch of jeans coming out this week. I'm a bit stunned to find out exactly what the denim is... For the first time in over three decades Cone Mills has produced a run of unsanforized fabric for a brand besides Levi's. This fabric is actually produced for Roy to his exact specifications, only 500 yards were made. If you understand the way mills work this should sound like a flat-out lie. It's not. I myself have a hard time digesting the fact that this happened. It's a test to see how it pans out between Roy and Cone. This is serious history in the making.

15. whatever123

whatever123 Well-Known Member

cool.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  16. kiya

kiya Well-Known Member

Roy's Jeans - The Cone Mills Project - Straight & Narrow Fits

Roy Slaper is back with his first denim jean release in many months. This long overdue set of jeans is made up of a custom fabric from Cone Mills made exactly to Roy's specs. This is the first time in over three decades that Cone has produced an unsanforized fabric for anybody, and therefore we feel that this is history in the making.

The denim is a loomstate unsanforized indigo denim that clocks in at 13oz per square yard in it's raw state. The fabric has a slight gray-cast to it and feels far heavier than it's stated weight due to it's weave and loomstate nature.
    The jeans themselves come in two fits, both a slim and a straight leg. Both silhouettes are slightly modified from past iterations of Roy's straight and slim fits.

Never content with just "doing another run", Roy has improved and tweaked everything surrounding the production of these jeans. The stitching of the body is even finer and more accurate and we love the fully lined back pockets and coin pocket; i don't believe we've ever seen a lined coin pocket on a pair of jeans before. The rear pocket hems now have a hand-done welt in them, mimicking the vintage style belt-loops found on many of the best Japanese brands. And last but not least the back pockets have been slightly reduced in size from past versions.

Jeans from Roy don't come often and we can't keep them in stock as long as we'd like, so if you've been waiting for a pair, now is the time.

Both these new jeans will go on sale at all three Self Edge stores at noon (local time) on Thursday December 22nd, the jeans will also go on sale in our online store at 9am (PST) the same day. Check the online store for more photos, measurements, and far far more specifications than you can possibly need for a pair of jeans.

Find Roy here: http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=88

Roy RS03 - Straight Leg
    [​IMG]

Roy RN03 - Narrow Leg
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. husbands

husbands Well-Known Member

picked up a pair of the RN03's in a 31... best fitting jeans I've ever owned. Really like the feel of this denim and all the details. Hope this cut is reused in the future.

18. miker

miker Well-Known Member

Any chance you have some size 38s in the Roy Jean RS03 - Straight Leg in a store that are not showing on the website. Thanks.

mike

19. kiya

kiya Well-Known Member

We've got a pair left at SELA if you want to place a phone order, we open there at noon every day.

20. miker

miker Well-Known Member

excellent, purchase made. Thanks.