1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by pickpackpockpuck, Jan 1, 2012.

1. jeradjames

jeradjames Active Member

Did any stockists pick up the Overdyed SS shirt in black in yellow? Seemed like a favorite from the show but haven't seen that colorway yet

2. ihrm

ihrm Well-Known Member

Has the fit of the type 1 jeans changed over the years? I've been after a pair in the slate colour for some time now, but the type 1 I bought second hand are skin tight. Not sure what season they're from but they're marked as a 48 rather than the waist size if that helps. I see acrimony has the type 1 in slate and they look like a much better fit than the ones I have.

3. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est Well-Known Member

Those aren't Type 1 - they're just regular collection jeans in that case. The Type 1, 2, 3, program was a new thing of made in LA denim, separate from the regular made in Japan collection. Your 48s are tagged as MIJ, right?

4. ihrm

ihrm Well-Known Member

They do appear to be Japanese, but I don't see MIJ on them. Here's a pic of the English tag:

[​IMG]

5. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

Prior to the new denim line they were Type D etc, right?

6. Timbaland

Timbaland Well-Known Member

Maybe check one of the Japanese stockists. I've only seen the black and green stripe at Meyvn.

@ihrm IME, the old Geller jeans fit closest to the type 2, I take a 50 in both

7. arnoldpettibone

arnoldpettibone Well-Known Member

those are the old Type-D model, as Occulta mentioned, from 2012. Size 48 is european sizing, it is supposed to translate to a size 32 waist. The Type-D model was a bit looser in the waist, and pretty slim/skinny from the thigh down. Check inside the left leg at the thigh, there should be a size tag in there that says "48" as well as a composition tag which should call out that it is made in japan.

8. ihrm

ihrm Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help guys. Does anyone know where I can find some measurements for the type 1? I tried a pair of type 2 from last season and would like something just a little bit slimmer. For reference most of my other jeans are APC PNS which I find fit me perfect

9. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Well-Known Member

I actually contacted customer service through the geller website and asked for measurements of a the various jeans and they sent me back measurements in a day or 2. They were very helpful.

I've also included he measurments of last years type 1 from the fwrd site
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. msg

msg Well-Known Member

Can you share the measurements for the jeans? It'll save a bunch of people from trying to email Geller directly, it's a small operation.

11. nsubrmnn

I just asked about the waist sizes on a 29 and a 30. Similar to what I posted above.

12. OccultaVexillum

I know there are some for next season but I didn't realize the "chelsea" was coming back this season too, are they just Ssense exclusives?
    I actually like both colours a lot but in no way would it make sense for me to get another pair.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. nsubrmnn

That taupe color is really nice, it's too bad the shaft is so large

14. OccultaVexillum

I never had issues with the shaft on any of my pairs.
    I mean, it could definitely be slimmer but it hasn't reduced my enjoyment from them.
    Maybe the fact that I'm on the bigger end of sizing makes it less noticeable (I take a 44 boot and narrowest pants I own have 7" hems, most around 7.5"), perhaps it's more noticeable on people who wear skinnier hems and smaller sizes in general.

15. keanswon

keanswon Well-Known Member

When I first saw these at the RG office I was surprised too. The blue pair caught my eye because it's actually not the same as the navy that was released a few seasons back; this blue is a lot nicer in my opinion, and makes me want a pair of blue suede boots considering all my shoes are neutrals (white, black, or tan).

The wide ankle opening is the only thing holding me back from these. They're wider than the opening on my Margiela boots (https://www.ssense.com/en-us/men/product/maison-margiela/black-leather-tuxedo-boots/1543534), which I already feel is a little wider than I'd like when wearing with skinny jeans. Otherwise I would've gotten a pair of those RG x CP boots the first season. And this new blue pair.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  16. msg

msg Well-Known Member

All Geller except the sneaks

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. Timbaland

Geller bball his on regarding fresh for $272 shipped with code EXTRA15

18. OccultaVexillum

Drama Club webshop is live: https://www.dramaclub.us/brands/robert-geller/

Wanted to kop something and support but there's literally nothing in my size. Red cupro shorts and warm grey paul pants look super dope too.
    I bought Casper trousers off NMWA finally though...

hennree likes this.
  19. Timbaland

Barneys put their stock online, they have the leopard print sweater.

20. Drama Club

Drama Club New Member

- -
    Thanks for the post! What we brought in for spring was pretty limited because of how quickly the store opened. For fall, we'll have more styles and sizes. Give a shout to contact@dramaclub.us if you have any questions, or during market if you want to order from the runway for next season. Have a great day.

melonadejello likes this.