1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by pickpackpockpuck, Jan 1, 2012.

1. WBaker

WBaker Well-Known Member

Kam on grailed has posted some true gems in early Geller shirting. All size 48. If it was 46 id be clearing him out.

1 person likes this.
  2. itzkoolkidkam

itzkoolkidkam Well-Known Member

Ha! That would be me! Thanks bud!

I've been out of the Geller scene for some time now. Awesome that he still has a following here (seems like its most of the same people too). Feel free to shoot offers my way. I still have some tees to list (dip dye half moon, rectangle shirt, and some others).

3. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

Fuck! I cannot win with these off-white type 3's.

I ordered them months ago with the ochre Giorgio coat from toto and they sent me black Type 2's instead. I returned them but didn't bother with an exchange.
    I ordered them again in mid-November and they sent me off-white Type 2's instead.
    They got the colour right but the fit was still wrong so I sent them back for an exchange and it took forever, I finally got the "right" pair today and they are miss-tagged. This would be my forth pair of type 3's so I'm pretty confident I know how they fit and these fit way too slim.

This happened about 18 months ago with the black ones too. I ordered them from Assembly and they fit way smaller than my 5-year fades but after contacting Geller and Assembly they said the different washes may fit a little different but not significantly different, they were final sale so I just sold them. Then in September assembly had them again for a crazy low price and I'd bought the 3-years by then and they fit great (just like the 5-years) so I took a chance thinking maybe the original black ones I got were actually miss-tagged, and sure enough this time they fit perfect which confirmed the pair of originally gotten were tagged wrong (I'm assuming they were Type 2's).

TL;DR There's some serious lack of QC for the denim

4. Timbaland

Timbaland Well-Known Member

@OccultaVexillum sorry to hear that man. I only have a pair of the black ones. There should be a tag inside them identifying the fit, mine says slim I think. Can check when I go home. What shop had the 3 year type 3s? I don't remember anywhere selling them.

5. OccultaVexillum

Yeah type 3 is tagged as "straight", that's what these say too. All the tags are for the Type 3: "RG-03, 34x34", "straight" on the tag inside, "Type 3" on the paper tag attached to them... but they definitely don't fit like my other three pairs.

I got the 3-years type 3's from blue and cream I think?

6. Timbaland

Knyew has Geller at 60% off plus an additional 20% code. Good deals on the Daniel trench, Giorgio coat, and Vincent bomber.

1 person likes this.
  7. CityHunter

CityHunter Well-Known Member

Good looking out - I ended up picking up the Giorgio coat. I'm usually a 52, but am hoping the 50 is oversized and works. If not, there's gonna be a size 50 available for $160 soon.

1 person likes this.
  8. Timbaland

Yea the Giorgio coat is dope but I don't think the color would work for me, on Asian skintones

9. Darkside

Darkside Well-Known Member

Some thoughts on the RG/CP Chelseas.

Initial impression: Awesome colorway. "Sand" is the perfect color to describe it. More of a light to mid gray than a tan.
    Sizing: Went with my CP Achilles size (12D Brannock, 45 in CP, Buttero), and they fit very similar. Barely snug in the forefoot but not really. Instep is fairly low. Slight heel slip. All issues that should resolve with wear.
    Quality: The shoes are lined, and the suede feels very supple. Sole is probably glued on given that the profile is so sleek. I'm a CM transplant and used to GY/Blake welted shoes, so this will be a new venture for me.
    Other: The leg opening is admittedly larger than my other boots of a similar style(Trickers, Belstaff), but I don't really have any pants skinny enough where this should be an issue. I can't imagine that this was a blatant oversight by designers at this level. Also concerned about their long term durability and how gracefully they will age. I don't plan to baby them, but I doubt I'll be wearing these any crowded bars.

I'll probably post photographs over the weekend when it's not so dreary outside.

10. 1up

1up Well-Known Member

That's good info! Thanks.

I still have the rest of today to pull the trigger on the charcoal ones at a good price - I'm trying to decide if they're really worth it for my wardrobe. I have Tobacco CP Chelseas and Black Leather Sidezips from SeF - so I'm not sure this really fill a gap for me..

11. baltimoron

baltimoron Well-Known Member

It's between December and April in Boston. It's always dreary.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  12. MaiLam

MaiLam Well-Known Member

Man probably stop thinking about them and just give them a miss. This is probably the cheapest they'll get given that so many places stocked them this season + retail struggling more in general, so if you're unconvinced now then it doesn't seem like it will be a decision that will sit comfortably with you. Unless you can return them to from wherever you'd be buying them, in which case just buy them, take the postage hit and find out, there's been enough impressions across the forum to give you a good idea of what they would be like.

1 person likes this.
  13. CityHunter

CityHunter Well-Known Member

I'm Asian too, but one of the brown-er ones...*fingers crossed, no clashing*

14. Darkside

Darkside Well-Known Member

Charcoal would have been the safer choice probably, but I wanted to experiment a bit with a lighter color.

I've found that the amount of seasonal daylight inversely correlates with my number of Schneider and Geller purchases, as well as James Blake plays on my iTunes.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  15. Login

Login Well-Known Member

Quick for bballs do I size down to 43 or go 44?

16. msg

msg Well-Known Member

Size down one

17. Login

Login Well-Known Member

18. OccultaVexillum

What size do you wear in other shoes/other CP's?
    I wear a 44 bball and I'm a US12

19. Login

Login Well-Known Member

I'm a brannock 11

I grabbed a 44 in lows and 43 in mids

The mids require a shoehorn to put on.

20. DTO32

DTO32 New Member

I'm looking into a pair of Type 2's in a 5-year fade...how much tighter are the thighs in the type 2 compared to the type 3? I was planning on sizing up from a 34 to 36 to have a bit more room. I usually need a 12-12.5" thigh. Any advice is appreciated.