• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh my b, I didn't even see that post in between posting my own

Last edited:

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's a true sample, with no size or composition tags anywhere (I just rechecked), but it would fit a size 48 well. It feels stretchy, but it is actually reasonably slim in the middle. I am pretty much a true 50 these days in Robert Geller outerwear (48 in most knits), and it "might" fit me, but I would look very Fire Island in the thing. Definitely, you want the drapey look on that thing. Unless you like the Fire Island look.

Thanks fok, definitely looking for drape in the fit. Hope there's some mesh tanks/tee samples in the 52 range coming.

edit: 52 sample is probably a stretch. Looks like I'll be waiting a while.

Last edited:

kubrick555

Reaction score
For anyone interested in that washed Black t-shirt with the patch, it fits quite oversized. I own it in a 46, but it could easily fit a 48 as well.

sti1zkin

Reaction score
Speaking of rose/lilac/grey, which are really strong colors for Robert Geller SS stuff, I am really surprised that this is still here:

http://www.styleforummarket.com/robert-geller-grey-washed-lounge-blazer/

It is actually a pretty good match for any number of things. I am half tempted to pick it up myself, except that I am "on a break" from getting high on my own supply.

Also the Andreas pants. I really like the mesh detailing at the front pockets and waistband, and the zip back pockets.

Would happen to have some measurements for it? I've never seen it sold anywhere else so its hard to know how it fits.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Would happen to have some measurements for it?  I've never seen it sold anywhere else so its hard to know how it fits.

I can't seem to find my measuring tape, but I just went and tried it on, and it fits me nearly perfectly, which is to say that it fits pretty much like the Richard in the same size, but with less stretchiness I am going to guestimate that the chest is probably about 22" pit to pit, and the shoulders maybe 17". The length is about 28" in the back from the collar down. Again, there are a lot of tailoring measurements that are not generally reported on the internet that make a big difference in the fit, such as the halfback and the waist, and there is also a big difference in fit between different materials, which is why sometimes guys buy something, and are mystified that it doesn't fit. I'd say that if a 48 in the Richard blazer (we will also have one of those up later, along with the accompanying pants) fits you well, then this should, as well.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks fok, definitely looking for drape in the fit. Hope there's some mesh tanks/tee samples in the 52 range coming.

edit: 52 sample is probably a stretch. Looks like I'll be waiting a while.

Are you a true 52, or in between sizes?

We have a number of pants and shorts in 52 (linen shorts, Andreas pants, off the top of my head.) That I do know. Also, some of the outerwear pieces would fit a number of sizes - they are so oversized that really, they could fit anyone between a 48 and 54, probably.

ipractice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping for some flight pants at tomorrows drop.

It will be my birthday guys so have mercy and let me buy myself a present or two :laugh:

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we do. Sorry guys. Doesn't seem like any flight pants either, but there are a lot of lightweight pants. However, for this next set of releases, we will be focused on tanks, and tees. There are a handful of pairs of shorts, but not that many. There are, however, lots of pretty awesome tops (see below, I'm about to post some previews),

Guitar Preacher

Reaction score
snagged a dual layer a shirt Sunday evening. Love that contrasting pocket tee and "still" tee. Did I see you comment somewhere on a denim LS shirt? I'd love to see one of those pop up in a 50.

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any ETA on when new stuff goes live today?

Wade

Reaction score
I think he said in the afternoon Pacific time or later

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

snagged a dual layer a shirt Sunday evening. Love that contrasting pocket tee and "still" tee. Did I see you comment somewhere on a denim LS shirt? I'd love to see one of those pop up in a 50.

That will be in today's drop, which will mainly be transitional and summer pieces. A lot of tees, including that rose and charcoal two tone one, a "drip" print tee shirt, a henley raw sleeves, collar, and hem, and .

It is actually a sample size, which is about a size 48. I am between a 48 and 50 (essentially a beefed up 48), and the shirt would fit me well, slim, but not really tight, so it really depends on which side of 50 you sit on.

Any ETA on when new stuff goes live today?

That's about right. I have about 50 additional unique SKUs ready right now, but I want to get in a bunch of more stuff, primarily tees and tanks, and a couple of pairs of shorts, before the release.

Cheers,

Fok.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads