1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by pickpackpockpuck, Jan 1, 2012.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

We are doing things weight based, real time. There are some problems with that, of course, that we are trying to fix. USPS Priority is in zones, and if something goes just about 1 lb, which is actually really easy, it jumps from $6.95 or something like that to something closer to $12, for the CONUS. For International, we ship USPS Priority International, which is also weight based. The problem right now is that the Big Commerce and USPS are not well integrated, which makes any options for shipping (which the user would be able to compare and choose between) difficult for our fulfilment people. I am hoping to get that fixed. In the future, for pre-orders, we will do flat rate shipping, and free shipping above a certain amount, but the margins are so low for the sample sales that offering free or low shipping would essentially mean that we would actually lose money, especially for small orders.

I do wish that international shipping could be cheaper.

fwiw, I chose USPS over Fedex or UPS because of the speed and general low cost of shipping. For the same delivery time, both those services are a lot more expensive, and international customers are pretty much guaranteed a headache in customs fees.

1 person likes this.
  2. LA Guy

You should get that, and the vest, which, ahem, I put on especially for you. It would be awesome, and we would demand pictures.

btw, I am surprised that no one picked this up. This is from the Japanese shipment, which contained a lot of more rare pieces. It's made from at least three differentm contrasting materials - a heavier canvas, a heavy broadcloth, and a satin. It's one of the coolest pieces of outerwear in the sale (there is also a poncho, which is rad.) Also, why has no one bought the awesome winter shorts?

http://www.styleforummarket.com/robert-geller-hooded-summer-parka/

3. kubrick555

kubrick555 Well-Known Member

I played around with it a bit, it goes anywhere from $28.5 to $35.5 for shipments to Canada. Varies by weight to an extent obviously.

USPS is the best choice for shipping to Canada. We'd get potentially raped with handling fees for UPS and Fedex.

4. Feji

Feji Well-Known Member

Yea, I really liked the speckled grey fabric for the top block...figured I'd see how it fits. I noticed I've been gravitating away from the slim and super fitted looks recently also.

I could also just use it for lounge wear and try to shrink it on purpose. Worse case is it'll go up on B&S :)

5. jacket

jacket Well-Known Member

Because it's not a 46

Because it's not a 44

Damn I wanted those linen shorts bad..

6. Severisth

Severisth Well-Known Member

That summer parka is awesome, though if I recall correctly it fits oversize, would have picked it up if it was a 46

7. variegate

variegate Well-Known Member

so far from what's posted it's 95% 48s, 4% 46 and 1% 44/50/52?
    The summer parka is awesome but . . . not my size.

Still finding the site a bit twitchy.
    All the 'quickview' and 'compare' options keep getting in the way of me just clicking an item . . .
    and can the description default to 'open'
    Seems like that would help limit confusion since the details are so specific on many of these.

8. melonadejello

melonadejello Well-Known Member

Because it's not the white version :D Already have the bomber in that green.
    [​IMG]

You should all be taking this opportunity to experiment with sizing, take risks! :devil:

And you know what, there is actually a 46 of the green summer parka for sale elsewhere...

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  9. crosswound

crosswound Well-Known Member

Where any of the longsleeves a 44? Missed it because had to go pick up the wife -_-

10. Meis

Meis Well-Known Member

So jealous of the 48s

Also, Severisth, why u no respond to pm's?

1 person likes this.
  11. kgfan5

kgfan5 Well-Known Member

how does the double layered mesh tee run? oversized I hope?

12. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Well-Known Member

go back a few pages fok gave a good description of the fit. Someone should grab that.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  13. Desi

Desi Well-Known Member

Totally a beaut.

1 person likes this.
  14. LA Guy

The parka does fit a bit oversized and drapey, but the beauty of oversized things is that they can be worn by a range of sizes, and still look good, as opposed to a tailored piece leaves very little room for maneuver. Take a look at that sleeveless jacket, for example. It fits way oversized on me. But it would also fit oversized on a 52. Or a 46. It simply does not "fit" in the way a "proportional" garment might. tbh, that oversized sleeveless jacket would only fit "normal" on like, a size 60, and then you'd looke like Andre the Giant (recently watched The Princess Bride with my kids) in James Browns' jumpsuit.

I'll see what I can do to clean up the site.

15. kgfan5

kgfan5 Well-Known Member

ha thanks found it. hopefully i don't look too fire island in it as i just copped it earlier :D

16. Blog Marley

Blog Marley Well-Known Member

WHERE ARE ALL THE G-D 50s????

1 person likes this.
  17. LA Guy

fwiw, I am between a size 48 and 50, and pretty much all the 48 stuff would fit me fit, especially the tees and knits.

2 people like this.
  18. 13k

13k Well-Known Member

Were there any denim pants in your deliveries Fok?

19. jibak

jibak Well-Known Member

20. LA Guy

There are a couple of pairs of denim pants. One I am wearing, the other two will be released in the next couple of rounds.

1 person likes this.