• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Roll Necks

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I noticed that post in Will's blog yesterday. There is definitely a trend here. I suspect that unless the cashmere is thin his outfit will be very warm. It looks from the photo as if he has it tucked in his trousers which is not a look I would go for.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I noticed that post in Will's blog yesterday. There is definitely a trend here.
I suspect that unless the cashmere is thin his outfit will be very warm. It looks from the photo as if he has it tucked in his trousers which is not a look I would go for.

He looks great. I agree with you though, the top looks tucked in and the pants go up forever. Suits his age though, he probably has 30 years on me.

Fulgrim

Reaction score
Yes (Herning). Not this one, but he sells the brand. This one was from a German store: www.hrvst.de.

Cool site, might get a couple of knits; I already have like 3 rollnecks (2 from YMC, 1 from P.Pecora), but wanted to get a couple of more. Thought of getting some off of MR.P or farfetch, but will look into this site aswell. I especially like how Faucault had a sweetspot for them, truly a timeless classic.

SHS

Reaction score
Has anyone stumbled on a heavy cashmere roll neck? I have only seen some 1 and 2 ply ones. And doesn't the lambs woll ones scratch too much and gets annoying, or is it just a question of getting used to it?

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has anyone stumbled on a heavy cashmere roll neck? I have only seen some 1 and 2 ply ones. And doesn't the lambs woll ones scratch too much and gets annoying, or is it just a question of getting used to it?

RLPL have a nice heavy 100% cashmere rollneck:

LL

SHS

Reaction score

Thanks MoL, that looks like just the thing I am looking for. Chunky with an interesting knit. I will look for it. If anyone else have any suggestions though, please write.

Last edited:

SHS

Reaction score
It's freezing in Denmark right now, so that won't be a problem. :) Do you have a name or number to identify the sweater?

SHS

Reaction score

LL

I can't seem to find this on the RL website. Does anyone know where else to look for it, or know what it is called so I can Google it?

SHS

Reaction score
^That looks nice too. I hate to buy from outside the EU though, with customs and all.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

SHS

Reaction score
Wow, that's a great price indeed. How is the fit?

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Wow, that's a great price indeed. How is the fit?

Pretty good - not as slim as SNS Herning, but fairly tapered. This is their Signature line, which is more contemporary.

Given that its LL Bean, returns and exchanges are stress-free.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads