1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mpcec, Oct 26, 2009.

Tags:
  1. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Well-Known Member

Great fit Mike! What size are those? Mine have become my favorite pants for real. Only regret is that a minor miscue w/ Karl ended up w/ mine being a little shorter in the hem than I intended, so no cuff. I find them to be a seriously satisfying pant.

2. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Beautiful, great fit.

They will shrink up after their first wash a bit and become even nicer.

They also look great with my Epaulet officer Indy boots ;-).

Can't wait to wash these and see what happens! And yes, I bet they kick some serious ass with the O. Indy's!

Great fit Mike! What size are those? Mine have become my favorite pants for real. Only regret is that a minor miscue w/ Karl ended up w/ mine being a little shorter in the hem than I intended, so no cuff. I find them to be a seriously satisfying pant.

These are a 33, so I sized down one from my typical size of 34. I love these too, and I've been wearing them a ton.

3. the_pole

the_pole Well-Known Member

After long last, fit pics of my RT work pants. Wore them today while digging our shop's front stoop out. Paired them with the Nau Blazing Jacket, a CP company sweater, and stock Alden Indy's.

[​IMG]
    See larger

Are you gonna have RT's stuff in your store ?

4. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

Karl has some special stuff in the works that i know you guys are gonna love...

5. connor

connor Well-Known Member

man those contrast shots oboy posted reeeeeally make me want those. or the shirt

edit: are there measurements for the shirt anywhere?

6. jasonfoote303

jasonfoote303 Well-Known Member

man those contrast shots oboy posted reeeeeally make me want those. or the shirt

edit: are there measurements for the shirt anywhere?

I don't have the measurements for the Double Indigo shirt on me, but we have it at Unionmade in SF.

It is a fantastic shirt... I bought one for myself and have been wearing it 4-5 days a week for the last month or so!

7. connor

connor Well-Known Member

do you have any smalls or mediums left of the dbl indigo workshirt?

8. tonio028

tonio028 Well-Known Member

Just received my DBL workpants and workshirt! Huzzah! Was hoping for one of those lovely leaf wallets in one of the pockets but no such luck [​IMG].

The workshirt is too long on the arms at the moment, I'm going to give it a hot wash and tumble dry to shrink it a bit, unless anyone has other advice?

Anyway, the workpants fit great (I think?) right out of the bag, so here are some pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I don't think you mentioned it, but how did you size your pair and what size do you normally wear in pants/trousers/chinos?

9. edubs01

edubs01 Well-Known Member

Can't say enought good thin gs about my Gray Chambray Workshirt. Craftsmanship, attention detail, just overall a sick fukin shirt. Mine is slightly more fitted than in Arizor's pic.

10. Arizor

Arizor Well-Known Member

I don't think you mentioned it, but how did you size your pair and what size do you normally wear in pants/trousers/chinos?

I sized down 1.

I normally wear a 34.

11. jasonfoote303

jasonfoote303 Well-Known Member

Interesting fact:
    Yesterday Frank Muytjens, the head menswear designer for J. Crew came to the shop where I work (Unionmade in S.F.). He's the super stylee guy you've seen in GQ and ACL etc...

He bought 1 piece: The Rogue Territory Double Indigo work shirt.

Nice guy. Impeccable taste.

12. grooveholmes

grooveholmes Well-Known Member

Interesting fact:
    Yesterday Frank Muytjens, the head menswear designer for J. Crew came to the shop where I work (Unionmade in S.F.). He's the super stylee guy you've seen in GQ and ACL etc...

Nice. Does anyone know how exactly to pronounce his last name? I saw that clip on the J.Crew website but still couldn't make out the pronunciation. Does it sound like Moyt-yens?

Incidentally, I just received my pair of work trousers in the mail today. Karl is a terribly generous and stand up guy, and pretty damn skilled-- these pants are incredible. Construction, design, materials are fantastic. The fit reminds me a little of PRPS Ramblers. I'll try to post pics soon.

13. CityHunter

CityHunter Well-Known Member

NEW RGT MODEL AVAILABLE AT SAN FRANCISCO AND LOS ANGELES AMERICAN RAG LOCATIONS!!!

They retail for $160.00

Details-

Denim: 13oz Redline Cone Selvage form North Carolina
    Fit: Slim Straight
    Hardware: 4 nickel branded rivets and 1 black branded rivet
    Branded button on waistband
    Selvage on fly and coin pocket
    Hidden bartacks on back pockets

The fit is running true to size and the denim doesn't stretch much at all, I'd say about .5" but it does shink up to an inch in the waist and length.

What is the difference between these and your past offerings?

Since this was never addressed I wanted to bring it up again, because I wanted to know too...

14. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

Interesting fact:

That's pretty cool, but hopefully he did not buy it to copy it.

15. kevinbrownshakedown

kevinbrownshakedown Well-Known Member

Awesome details on these jeans. Really want a pair. That is all.

16. Rogue Territory

Rogue Territory Well-Known Member

Since this was never addressed I wanted to bring it up again, because I wanted to know too...

Sorry I thought I did respond...maybe I did as a PM, anyway

The RGT - I was able to save a lot of money in production for the following reasons, which allowed me to pass along those savings to you.
    1. I bought over 1,000yds of this Cone Denim
    2. I took out a lot of the details that are on my other jeans. Hidden pen pocket and patch, hand silk screened pocket bag, single needle back pocket detail, lining in back pockets, no contrast fabric on fly, un-branded buttons on fly - when you take steps out of the production process it cuts costs, it's that simple.
    3. I made 250 pairs of RGT jeans. the first run I did on the Standard Issue, Sk, and Stanton was 120 in total. That adds to the price per unit.

I hope that helps.

All in all the quality of fabric, construction, and overall final product was not at all compromised I just wanted to make a simple jean at a lower price point.

17. heprof

heprof Active Member

Hey Chad,

When will the new run of the Work Trouser DBL be coming out? Will we still need to size down for this run?

18. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Well-Known Member

^^I think you mean Karl.

19. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

^^I think you mean Karl.
    Don't correct Chad's name. He called me "Alfred" for weeks.