1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mpcec, Oct 26, 2009.

Tags:
  1. mookiej

mookiej Well-Known Member

Pre-order for the work trousers is up on the site. Scheduled to ship mid November.

2. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Well-Known Member

New cut looks nice. I appreciate that they made the leg opening a little slimmer, w/out getting carried away, but I prefer the navy overdye-type fabric of the originals.

I have the 1st gen ones, and I love the fabric but would prefer a slightly smaller hem. I may get them tapered but I've mostly just left them as is and enjoyed them for what they are.

I love RT, but I know a lot of people who (rightfully) complain that none of their cuts are realistic for anyone w/ larger thighs.

3. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

How's everybody been sizing on the Dark Stantons (new(er) run)?
    I'm about to pull the trigger, just trying to decide whether to go 33 or 34. I usually go TTS which is 34 for everything, but these are apparently stretchier than normal (1.5" in the waist).
    Would be good to get some insight from people that have them.

4. OccultaVexillum

In case anybody had the same question as I did (above).
    Size down 1.
    I usually wear 34's, bought 33's. Had them on for 2 days and they will be perfect.

5. timbermade

timbermade Well-Known Member

Really? If I sized down one in the thigh, I don't think my thighs would fit unless the denim stretched a little. I do find the waist to be a little bit stretched out though, as in, having to wear a belt with it.

6. OccultaVexillum

The thigh of mine already stretched over 1.5"
    When I got them the thigh was skin tight, after 2-3 days they'd loosened up a lot and now I'm even starting to wonder if I should have sized down 2.

7. johnnyw

johnnyw Member

I bought some Stanton's from Portland nearly a month ago and they're great... only my second pair (third if you include the Railcar Spike X001s I bought at the same time) of selvedge jeans so it'll be nice to break em in and see how they turn out. Only one thing I wasn't too happy about was popping a rivet on the pocket after about a week of wearing them.

Another good thing is that you can't buy them in the UK in the shops at the moment, so that makes them a bit more exclusive.

I took everyone's advice but sized down by two (30 waist), they fit great now after nearly a months worth of wear.

8. OccultaVexillum

If you emailed R.T. I'm pretty sure they'd repair that rivet for you.
    But living in the UK you'd have to pay shipping both ways plus wait for it to be done, depends if it's really worth it.

9. johnnyw

johnnyw Member

Yea that's the thing, it was annoying but I'm not gonna bother sending them back as I you're right, it's not worth it.

10. theoldcrew

theoldcrew New Member

I'm looking to pick up a pair of the SK 14.5s. I normally wear 31 in APC PS. What size do you think I should order?

11. pdxvegan

pdxvegan Well-Known Member

Any suggestions for sizing the Slubby Stantons?

12. johnnyw

johnnyw Member

pdxvegan... I'd personally go two sizes down, if they're the same as my Stantons, then you'll want them nice and snug. I got some from Lizard Lounge when I was the Portland in October, nice shop and really helpful. I'm normally a 32 in Levis, so I went for 30s, been breaking them in for nearly two months now and they're great.

ps, being vegan as well, the patch came straight off! You might wanna look at Railcar Spike X001's, bought a pair of those at the ame time and they're really nice, lighter in weight to the RT's, but a slightly slimmer fit.

theoldcrew... not sure on the waist sizing on the SKs, but I know they're a slimmer fit than the Stantons. I guess if you wear 31 in APC, again, you might wanna go down 2 sizes, but the cut will be slimmer I'm guessing.

J

13. willrh1

willrh1 Well-Known Member

No no no no no the slub stantons are unsanforized! Go up at least one size, I went up two.

14. TheSoonest

TheSoonest Well-Known Member

whoa, johnnyw, you sure you got the slubby stantons? there's no way you should go 2 sizes down with unsanforized denim. the denim shrinks at least a size down with a cold wash. i'd go 1 size up from what fits you perfectly.

15. johnnyw

johnnyw Member

Sorry, should've said, I didn't get the slubby's, just got the normal Stanton's... Didn't know the difference in the denim... Sorry for the confusion!:embar:

16. pdxvegan

pdxvegan Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help everyone!
    I'm hoping to get the Slubby Stanton's for my brother for Xmas. I know he wears a 31 in APC NS and was wondering what ya'll thought about sizing for the Slubby Stantons.

17. ascher07

ascher07 Well-Known Member

Hi there,
    I was looking at getting my first pair of Stanton's and had a sizing question. My waist measures 36.5, just like the size listed for the 34s. Should I go with those or the 36? I usually wear 36 in most pants. Also, how are the thighs? Thanks guys.

18. rusticchasm

rusticchasm Well-Known Member

does anyone have a pair of the natural canvas stanton in 28 or 29 for trade with a size 30?

19. centrix

centrix Well-Known Member

does anyone have any experience with the ar g trousers? im pretty damn interested in these.

20. sincostan

sincostan Member

Hey ascher,

I have a few pairs of Stantons, and I actually recommend sizing down a couple sizes. Depending on the denim, they can stretch anywhere from 1-2", which might become more baggy than you anticipated.

For example, I have a pair of the first run Dark Stantons (sz 33), thinking they fit stretch just right to my (at the time) 35" waist. They actually stretched to a 18.5" waist from the original 17"! But that's probably just unique to that run of denim.

Right now, I'm rocking a pair of 32-size 14.5 Stantons, and they fit very well. I would have been happier to go to a 31, though. I like a pretty snug fit, post-stretch.

One note, however. I find that the real magic of the Stanton cut happens right in the upper-block. They sit really well on the upper-thigh, just below the waistband, so even if you do lose some weight, or the denim really stretches, they still look flattering. I also have large thighs, and the cut really accommodates them without looking like two stuffed sausages.

By contrast, I fool-heartedly thought I could fit into a pair of Left Field Chelseas, and the damn pockets were so tight I couldn't get my hands inside. I also own a pair of LF Greasers, which fit much better. I still prefer my Stantons, though.

Good luck!

Edit: Posted some fit pics of my new 14.5oz Stantons below.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013