1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Rogaine: Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by gorgekko, Jul 28, 2006.

1. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Well-Known Member

There's nothing in there to dispute. However, there is now alcohol-free liquid minoxidil. There are many other formulations, including some that go beyond 5% and some that aren't messy. There is no generic foam, which is keeping the price high. So Rogaine Foam isn't going to be preferred by all.

2. JoeWoah

JoeWoah Well-Known Member

Hollywood for Ugly People... Washington, DC
    There's nothing in there to dispute. However, there is now alcohol-free liquid minoxidil. There are many other formulations, including some that go beyond 5% and some that aren't messy. There is no generic foam, which is keeping the price high. So Rogaine Foam isn't going to be preferred by all.

Oh, no doubt not everyone is going to use the foam or want to. The foam drys so quickly that if you want to spread it around with your fingers, you'll need to use more. Wide area to cover, you going to need to use more of the foam. Just in general, you use much more of the foam than the liquid... so the bottle will not last as long as it should. It's hard to tell exactly how much you're using too. The bottles also have a tendency of losing aerosol when you can hear more Rogaine in the bottle. They aren't perfect, but it's not too bad.

At BJ's Wholesale, 4 bottles go for $49.99.

3. jounymarc1

jounymarc1 New Member

EVEN CELEBRITIES ARE USING THE ROGAINE. THE NEW YORK TIMES - "HAIR LOSS AMONG CELEBRITIES HOLLYWOOD STARS? (Before and After - Celebrities Pictures) "LINK:
    http://hairloss.find-forum.net/

Quote "
    It isn't a big secret that many Hollywood actors are losing their hair. What is a big secret are the products that they use in order to prevent hair loss as well as give them that full head of hair we see them have in the movies and on television.
    Here are a few of the products in the entertainment field that the stylists of actors and actresses are known to use on them: Kerastase Â[​IMG] Specifique Activeur 7, HairCubed Â[​IMG] - Building Fiber System, and Rogaine Â[​IMG] Foam.
    Have you ever heard the saying "The answer to instant hair growth is that there isn't any"? Well, if you've heard that and think that that's true, then why is it that so many Hollywood actors and actresses are using the products mentioned, and what exactly is it that these products do anyway? The answer is easy. They all do different things in order to get an end result of a fuller thicker head of hair. The paragraphs below explain how each product works.

"

4. foodguy

foodguy Well-Known Member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    as an old friend used to say: "those aren't bald spots, those are thigh burns."

5. Reggs

Reggs Well-Known Member

Rogaine is an expensive and impractical commitment to keep for the rest of your life, that said, many people have used a Rogaine/Propecia combo when they start to tackle hair loss just to regrow what they have already lost, then scrap the rogaine and keep taking Propecia to maintain what they managed to grow back when they first started the regimen.

If I ever got a bald spot I would do anything to keep it though. Being bald is a bit like being fat. You can smile and say you are happy with yourself, but common....[​IMG]

6. rebirth

rebirth New Member

Everyone Please!!! Don't Use Rogaine. Let Me Briefly Share My Experience With The Rogaine Foam. First I Lost A Lot Of Hair, Wich Never Grew Back Again. After 3 Weeks I Started Getting Heart Aches And One Night, After Applying It, A Crazy Ass Tachycardia Woke Me Up And Lasted For 8 Hours!!! I Thought I Was Gonna Die And My Heart Hurt For Weeks. I Ended Up With Less Hair And My Heart Still Gets A Weird Ache Now And Then. I Just Can't Believe Fda Could Approve Such A Dangerous Product. I Truly Feel Betrayed By Them. Listen To Me And Don't End Up Feeling Like I Do. I Deeply Regret Buying And Using That Crap. Don't Make The Same Mistake I Did. I'm Writing This In Every Forum I Can Because I Feel Socially Responsible. So Don't Say You Were Not Warned... Try Something Else. I Wish You Good Luck.

7. soniasyril

soniasyril Member

I've tried Rogaine for 1 week but I didn't notice the good result. I switched to Leimo bio cleansing shampoo and hair laser comb product. It worked! I really appreciated it.

8. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Well-Known Member

Can I use Rogaine on my face to grow an alpha as phuck beard? [​IMG] (ps I'm Asian)

9. KJT

KJT Well-Known Member

Can I use Rogaine on my face to grow an alpha as phuck beard? [​IMG] (ps I'm Asian)

You might be better off grafting your pubes to your face.

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

10. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Well-Known Member

Is that Rob Schneider?

11. KJT

KJT Well-Known Member

It's one of the guys from Jackass. They convinced him to do this bit acting like a terrorist, but the beard they put on him in makeup was the pubic hair of everyone on staff.

12. Pinhas

Pinhas Well-Known Member

How much of the foam do you guys use? It says "half capful" but what does that even mean? half of the cap of the bottle? how many squirts do you guys use?

PS this should probably move to Health and Body

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  13. Timothy1234567

Timothy1234567 New Member

In stead of Propecia ask you doctor for the generic version. i cannot read the bottle well, but it looks like Finasteride 5mg. I cut the pill in 4 parts and it comes to $10 every 4 months.

14. allress

allress New Member

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  15. R-tem

R-tem New Member

Hello from Belarus, EU! Does enyones hair color changed after using Minoxidil?

16. Thearkly

Thearkly Well-Known Member

Dude have you tried taking cold showers? Many great benefits I saw it on TV one day and it mentioned hair.

17. kissmyjazz

kissmyjazz Well-Known Member

This is one weird threak