1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Rock hard leather inner and outer soles can beat your poor feet to a pulp. Here's what I do....

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Reevolving, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Reevolving

Reevolving Well-Known Member

Another vote for double soled shoes being the culprit.

This is a good idea. Thanks.
    If break in is really the issue, then I should just log as much time as I can.
    Wearing them in limited doses will help increase the total hours.

2. Hayward

Hayward Well-Known Member

Cheese is For King Christ, Revolving.:foo:

I am about to throw my black pair of RM Williams Comfort Craftsman boots at your head.

Do not wear new shoes all day.

You may need orthotics.

You may want to look into bespoke shoes. You can buy good bespoke shoes for as little as $400.

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Well-Known Member

I nominate that to be Reevolvings custom title.

4. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for telling me that I can put insoles into my shoes if they aren't comfortable. In other new, I heard you can drink water when you're thirsty.

5. Joenobody0

Nope. He's Reetarded.

6. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Well-Known Member

You disparage the intelligence of those around you just a little too often considering you're the village idiot. And make no mistake, everybody knows it.

:laugh:

:nodding:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  7. Joenobody0

And a stupid fuck continues to name drop and mention the price of your items.

Normal thread:
    My leather soled dress shoes hurt my feet so I put insoles in them.

Your thread:
    My leather soled $800 English Darlton shoes that cost $800 hurt my feet ... lines of bullshit ... super!

8. Joenobody0

Mr Frommer bringing the wit!

9. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Well-Known Member

You said all your leather soled shoes, including your AEs are hard as a rock uncomfortable. They don't have double soles. Whats the "culprit" now, jackass.

Um, where?

10. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Well-Known Member

Reevolving does seem to manage to make a simple topic into a ridiculous wind-up fest. Maybe that was always his intention - I don't know, I haven't been here long enough to observe a consistent method on his (or most other people's) part. But I can't say that most of the rest of you are doing much to raise the tone. You seem to be merely contributing to the back and forward abuse. Can I suggest that, if someone posts a topic that contains within it something worth discussion or information, even though they may behave like an enormous cock, that we try to deal with the part that has some merit and ignore the stupidity. Otherwise, trolling threads just end up being trollish.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  11. DWFII

DWFII Well-Known Member

Heh...not really, not yet--that was a sincere attempt to address his issues, as well as his attitude. I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt...at least initially.

12. Quadcammer

The point is that this thread has no merit. He finds his shoes uncomfortable, so he adds a cushioned insole. This is not exactly the reinvention of the wheel here. Behaving like an enormous cock is probably the one thing Reevolving is good at. He claims that his leather insoles are "rock hard", which they aren't. He also claims that every leather soled pair of shoes he owns is uncomfortable, which does not jive with the majority of people on this site wearing correctly fitting dress shoes. I think sneakers are more comfortable as well, but that doesn't mean my dress shoes are uncomfortable. In fact, I often choose them for longer walking events. Point being, the solution offered by the OP is dead nuts obvious, and his views tend to be purposely contrarian just for trolling purposes.

1 person likes this.
  13. Quadcammer

dble

14. Joenobody0

Look for his "tit pic". It will explain all.

15. Gibonius

Gibonius Well-Known Member

All of his threads (and posts in general) seem to be either deliberately contrarian, or surveying the forum for GroupThink he can agree with to assemble a wardrobe by committee. Then proceed mock "SF approved" things he hasn't come around on yet.

16. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Well-Known Member

Okay, okay, I appreciate that he's a provocateur, but I try to see the positive in most things and at least give threads a chance, if I can. So I think that if this thread had evolved into a sensible discussion of issues around footcare, it might actually have been helpful regardless of the intent and character of the person starting it.

1 person likes this.
  17. Joenobody0

If you want to participate in a reasonable conversation about anything, this isn't the place. Start a new thread: Foot Health - How not to ruin your feet like REevoler

18. Reevolving

Reevolving Well-Known Member

Learn to read, Quad.
    I was not here doling out advice.
    I was seeking it, idiot.

Yes, but consider the village, idiot.
    Many posters here are piss broke, and do not possess an whit of critical thinking ability.
    Now, consider their reaction to someone who is the opposite of both.
    It's like Einstien going to a NASCAR event and being told he's a jackass.

1 person likes this.
  19. teddieriley

teddieriley Well-Known Member

^^Yes, because Einstein would go to a Nascar event to ask how to tie his shoes. Good to see you also have a mastery of analogies.

1 person likes this.
  20. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Well-Known Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Comparing himself to a genius whose name he can't spell -- and it's not even Machiavelli, Nietzsche, etc.

If you were the "opposite" of piss poor, you wouldn't start threads whining about how you can't afford nice black shoes.

You don't talk to other people except over the internet, do you .....

1 person likes this.