1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Sator, Sep 18, 2006.

1. davidle24

davidle24 Member

Thanks for the tip! I've seen pairs that are 15 years old and they look brand new. Hope I can keep mine in good condition!

2. Webbo

Webbo Well-Known Member

What are people's views on the Kingsvale, specifically in kangaroo? Same level of comfort as the CC? Are they the same fitting as the yearling comfort craftsman? I take the 10.5 H in CC but everywhere I read that you should size down in width with Kangaroo so I would be 10.5 G?

3. jksgoh55

jksgoh55 Member

Just picked up a pair of black comfort craftsman.

[​IMG]

Its a slippery slope, this RM Williams boot stuff haha

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. jksgoh55

jksgoh55 Member

Do you mean the leather conditioner every couple of months? RM williams states every 6 weeks in humid conditions or if looking dry.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  5. davidle24

davidle24 Member

Tell me about it, I just picked up Comfort Craftsman chestnut today. Less than a week after my black ones arrived.

6. Oli2012

Oli2012 Well-Known Member

I found after I got a black and a chestnut I was sweet.

I picked up a pair of suede Kingsvales a year down the track.

7. Oli2012

I was a little saddened to see RM Williams Rigger boot disappear from its catalogue.

Beautiful shoe, definitely on par with Redwings etc.

[​IMG]

They released it in biscuit last year which might have to do with its fall in popularity.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  8. AAJJLLPP

AAJJLLPP Well-Known Member

RM Williams would most likely still do a MTO pair, if you really want a set.

9. Oli2012

It's not so much that I'm after a pair, more disappointed that RMWs seems to be going down a chelsea only route.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  10. jksgoh55

jksgoh55 Member

I just checked the 2015 spring/summer catalogue, the Riggers are certainly still there.

11. dan1255

dan1255 Member

6 weeks, 8 weeks, it's not an exact science.
    They're just boots after all & most farmers would be rolling around on the floor laughing anyway at the thought of conditioning them at any time in their life!

12. Oli2012

My apologies.

It disappeared from the website so I expected the worst.

They've been experimenting a lot with lace up shoes - they never seem to last more than a season.

13. Tck13

Tck13 Well-Known Member

I recently got my boots back from being resoled. Is it normal for them to feel a little bit smaller? They seem to be a little shorter in length.

14. wxxnxs

wxxnxs Active Member

That's normal, I got told by their staff, it will changed very tiny once they get resoled.

15. dan1255

dan1255 Member

Hi, When they re-sole a pair of boots, they do place them back on the original last to ensure they are sized back to the original fitting.
    Any 'tightness' is probably due to the process taking out some of the slack your wear had created. They should go back to feeling like a perfect fit in no time at all.
    I can't really explain any difference to the length though if this is what you are experiencing.

16. patrick_b

patrick_b Well-Known Member

I can't speak to the UK but I ordered two pair of craftsman from Barry at Bootsonline and paid ~$250 (vs ~$475 at the NY RMW store) and paid no duty or fee. Note, this was several yrs ago.

17. cmd06

cmd06 Well-Known Member

Can someone please identify the two brown Craftsman boots here? What leather are they? I have Chestnut in yearling and (light) Tan in veal calf along with a pair in black and burgundy-brown from another company. I need something in between the Chestnut (which is a very dark brown) and the Tan (light orangey brown). The two boots here look lovely for that in-between role.

18. OREO

OREO Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any experience with R.M Williams Belts? I'v got my eye on the salt water crocodile belt and i'm wondering about the quality, feel etc
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. Dr P00b

Dr P00b Well-Known Member

I have the standard leather belt in the same style. The quality is fantastic, in a rugged way. I don't wear it much anymore as I don't like the two big shiny tail loops, preferring a more subtle look. If you like that look though, fire away!

1 person likes this.
  20. jksgoh55

jksgoh55 Member

Hi cmd06

The one on the left is tan in yearling, the middle is the signature (French calf) in dark tan (the dark tan seemed to have quite a different colour depending if you go the signatures or the yearling, well when i compared them in the store that is).

Re the leathers. The yearling is great, but the signatures are on another level.
    interestingly i got a pair of "ballinga" lace up shoes from RMW (seasonal) which are also apparently french calf, but the leather is no way near as nice as the signatures.

1 person likes this.