• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SpeedBird

Reaction score

Can those turnouts w/natural sole be ordered from any of the online RM Williams sellers, or does one have to go through RMW directly?

YES just tell then you want a Made to Order ( MTO ) pair and Im sure they will gladly help you with them, ask for pricing and how long they will take to make.

Last edited:

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Originally Posted by labravajazz
Maybe yes, but also I notice in Australia or in Sydney at least for sure many professionals eg lawyers politicians et al wear RMW with suits - perhaps it's a kind of national dress here or perhaps also because they are about the only good quality shoes generally sold at retail here. As we know best English shoes etc are very rare at retail in Australia. Almost the only other thing you see would be either crap quality lumpy fugly shoes or clowns pointy 2sizes too big spivvy ones with turn up ends also crap quality.

Yep. As an Australian (Adelaide) native, I can testify I've seen them on partners from Big 4 accounting firms, QCs, doctors, many MPs and Senators, and of course former Prime Ministers John Howard and Kevin Rudd.

They're perfectly acceptable with a suit in Australia.
Former Treasurer Peter Costello wore them and convinced Tony Abbott the present Oppositon Leader to wear them. I have seen CEOs who wear them as well.

wxxnxs

Reaction score
Hey Guys

Sorry if this question has been answered before. I would like to buy a pair of boots from Nungar Trading company, has any one tried that website, how long does it take for the delivery? It seems their website does not charge the delivery fee.

Cheers

DJackson

Reaction score

Hey Guys

Sorry if this question has been answered before. I would like to buy a pair of boots from Nungar Trading company, has any one tried that website, how long does it take for the delivery? It seems their website does not charge the delivery fee.

Cheers

Yes I bought from them and I think delivery took about 2 months. However All of the sites charge shipping including nungar. It's a wash in terms of saying one site is cheaper than the other - some models are cheaper here and others there so just start emailing them with exactly what you want. I most recently bought from aussiebushhats and they threw in an extra can of lustre polish for my boots so props to them. I also found their customer sales service via email to be more responsive. Probably splitting hairs though. Both sites were good to me. Oh yeah, aussiebuchhats got MTO boots to me in a month but that's probably the factory's accomplishment vs the online store.

Edit: on second thought I also had to pay taxes when nungar sent me boots. The forms were sent via fedex (who also delivered my boots) and I payed somewhere under $100 - can't remember any details from 2 years ago. Aussiebushhats sent via Aust Post and USPS delivered my boots stateside several days ago and I haven't received any tax forms yet.

Last edited:

DJackson

Reaction score

posting out of pent up excitement - I am giving my Stockmans too much action so decided to get another boot. I just received an order confirmation on some french veal calf Macquaries in tan with a screwed chestnut sole. 6 WEEKS yaaarrgh
ffffuuuu.gif
these are gonna be sweeeeeetedit: in the far far future I will post some photos
They have landed and they are beautiful On a sadder note, I think my Stockman's Kangaroo Buckle boots are dying/dead after only 2 years :( I posted about it here http://www.styleforum.net/forum/thread/258125/rm-williams-are-cracking-am-i-all-alone#post_4706442

Last edited:

Lear

Reaction score
Very nice DJackson.

That tan colour looks rather like my whiskey.

First time I've seen RMW boot bags.

Lear

Naka

Reaction score
Aww man why didn't I get any boot bags! Picked up a pair of chestnut Craftsman with the stitched welt as my first decent shoe, those whiskey/tan ones are starting the itch again already. I tried to get a nice shine on them like you did Lear, it's taking me forever! Might throw another few layers of polish today. I picked up some Waproo because I only had Dark Tan in the Kiwi and it's got some red in it.

Also, does anyone know how much sleeker the Macquaries are than the Craftsman? There's some bagginess in the upper closest to the leg that I get a bit conscious of, which I'm sure will tone down after I've broken them in a bit more.

Lear

Reaction score

not to brag but they also included a decent polishing mit :D

Damn!

Every now and again the London store gives away free stuff with boot purchases. So far an XXL waxed vest + XXL sweatshirt. Still waiting for a blind date (on her part) with Elle macpherson :inlove:

The nicest people work in that Bond Street store. The regular (full-time) staff know their product inside out.

Lear

Naka

Reaction score
Damn! Every now and again the London store gives away free stuff with boot purchases. So far an XXL waxed vest + XXL sweatshirt. Still waiting for a blind date (on her part) with Elle macpherson :inlove: The nicest people work in that Bond Street store. The regular (full-time) staff know their product inside out. Lear
All of the RMW stores that I have visited have had staff that were all very knowledgeable, and always willing to go out of their way to find things out for me if they didn't know. Also Lear, look what I found while looking for moar shoe shining tips :laugh:
I agree. I'm having a hard time trying to imagine the kind of person who'd spend hours mirror shining a damn shoe.

Lear

P.S. Apologies for the use of 'damn' above. I could have used the 'F' word, then I really would have been in trouble. Luckily, my strict code of conduct prevents me from doing so.

DJackson

Reaction score
haha well if it's any consolation, boot bags and polishing mitts are no contestants to vests and sweatshirts.
edit: or Elle

Last edited:

Naka

Reaction score
I popped into an R.M Williams store today about a fault on my boots that I noticed recently. It definitely wasn't on them when they arrived so it must have occurred sometime within the past month or so:

Although I hadn't bought them at the store, the SA exchanged them on the spot for me. They didn't have the size of the original boots with a leather sole, but he was very happy to exchange them for a pair with leather soles which were a width down. I was surprised and incredibly happy with his service, I was expecting to have to send them off to the factory and whatnot. It was a wonderful experience, and I'll probably buy my next pair at full RRP from him so he get's some commission out of it. Now I'll have to attempt to polish the new boots again...

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

lex vin

Reaction score
Hi all,

After going in for some fittings at the RMW Sydney stores I was hoping to get some advice from you knowledgeable forumites.
I'm after the Macquaries in chestnut and a leather sole. As they are MTO the stores don't have my exact size to try on.

Firstly, the SA I spoke to said I could try the Turnout for size - in which I fit a 7G.
Secondly, I tried the Yearling for fit and fit quite snugly into a 6.5G.
Lastly, I tried on a Macquarie in an 8F but felt a bit of looseness in the heel (there weren't any other Fs to try on).

I'm going to go for the F width as it looks sleeker than the G width, but my question is:

Do you think a 7.5F would be a perfect fit?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads