1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Sator, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Rankiz

Rankiz Well-Known Member

Does the 5% discount when ordering still count for styleforum members? If so, when ordering, how do you get this discount through the ordering page?

EDIT: Also, the email adress nungar@dragnet.com.au is outdated I think? steve@nungar.com.au is the correct one now, right?

Anyone know?

2. tylerjbritt

tylerjbritt Active Member

Does Steve at Nungar still offer the MTO Forum Special?

3. Rankiz

Rankiz Well-Known Member

Does Steve at Nungar still offer the MTO Forum Special?

I also want to know this, please, someone must know...

I sent emails to both Bootsonline and Nungar regarding some questions, and only got answer from bootsonline. Gone 5 days now and I've even sent a new email to Nungar trading, but they are not responding. Not very good first impression of their trustworthiness.

4. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Well-Known Member

I also want to know this, please, someone must know...

I sent emails to both Bootsonline and Nungar regarding some questions, and only got answer from bootsonline. Gone 5 days now and I've even sent a new email to Nungar trading, but they are not responding. Not very good first impression of their trustworthiness.

nungar never responded to my email so i ended up buying from bootsonline

5. Rankiz

Rankiz Well-Known Member

nungar never responded to my email so i ended up buying from bootsonline

If I send an email to a internetstore and get no reply, I usually ens up buying the ware somewhere else. Bootsonline and Nungar prices are nearly the same, so you'll end up buying from the one with best customer support. [​IMG]

6. Rankiz

Rankiz Well-Known Member

I have tried the RM Williams Craftsman today and want to buy it online. Problem is that I really want it with rubber sole, since we have up to around minus 10 celsius here and snowy weather. I can't seem to buy rubber soled RM williams online, but they had them with rubber sole the store near me. I don't think the store have layed rubber sole themselves on all the RM williams shoes so... Bootsonline can get me RM williams with rubber sole without much hassle?

Btw, black kangaroo or black calf?

7. jules

jules Member

I have tried the RM Williams Craftsman today and want to buy it online. Problem is that I really want it with rubber sole, since we have up to around minus 10 celsius here and snowy weather. I can't seem to buy rubber soled RM williams online, but they had them with rubber sole the store near me. I don't think the store have layed rubber sole themselves on all the RM williams shoes so... Bootsonline can get me RM williams with rubber sole without much hassle?

Btw, black kangaroo or black calf?

Hi Rankiz, kangaroo or calf , tricky one, I just bought the stockman buckle boot in black calf leather it has a great finish and looks great ,but i only decided on the calf as the shop only had calf leather in stock, so i don't know which i'd choose if i had had the choice. I have bought boots from Barry at bootsonline in the past and the service was great, very friendlyand he even rang me at home in the UK to make sure the payment details were correct. I'd recommend him.[​IMG]

8. Rankiz

Rankiz Well-Known Member

Ye, Bootsonline do atleast answer emails. Weeks gone and no answer from Nungar Trading. RM williams cost half the price if I buy from Australia, but on bootsonline I can not seem to find rubber sole boots. I mean, I live in Norway(cold) and it would be nice to have rubber soles. Is this something I can just get a shoemaker to lay on top of the leather(but this can make the leahter sole rat) or does RM williams Craftsman ACTUALLY come with rubber sole also?

Because the RM williams shoes in the store had rubber soles.

9. MTLGuy

MTLGuy Well-Known Member

I have been reading through this huge thread but haven't been able to find a clear answer - do any Canadians have experience ordering from bootsonline.com? What is the story re: customs / duties?

Thanks in advance.

10. Silent Speaker

Silent Speaker Well-Known Member

Rankiz: Does not the 'Comfort Craftsman' have a 'rubber' sole? Or are you looking for some other kind of material? http://www.bootsonline.com.au/b543N.htm If you don't wan't the new fangled insole material, do as the site says and select the 'Blaxand' ordinary insole from the drop-down options. Is this sole sufficient for inuslation from the cold? I honestly cannot say as the two countries I live in never get as cold as Norway :p There are other sole options, but such combinations might be made to order and thus take a few weeks, but, they might stand up better in your nordic winters. Perhaps, if you are looking for a 'winter boot', have a look at the Lachlan: http://www.bootsonline.com.au/b578.htm It's got the Craftsman's chiesel toe, but a different leather (which is apparently more waterproof) and soles that might just be better for walking on icey streets (all those treads must contribute something, right?). I don't know, snow being as strange to me as sleet or even hail really. You'll be the better judge.

11. Rankiz

Rankiz Well-Known Member

The comfort craftsman seems to be perfect for me. I'm just deciding if I should get brown suede or black calf for every day use paired with jeans.

12. MTLGuy

MTLGuy Well-Known Member

I have been reading through this huge thread but haven't been able to find a clear answer - do any Canadians have experience ordering from bootsonline.com? What is the story re: customs / duties?

Thanks in advance.

Anyone?

13. Rankiz

Rankiz Well-Known Member

I tried the boots in the store and had a size of 7, when ordering what Sizetype should I pick? Australian right? And European size 40?

14. Silent Speaker

Probably best to confirm at the store which sizes they fed you, just in case :p

Also, don't forget about whether or not it's a G or H fitting.

15. EndlessBreak

EndlessBreak Member

Thanks in advance.

I'll let you know when I receive my MTO order. I asked Barry to mark the item as "Gift".

16. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Well-Known Member

I tried the boots in the store and had a size of 7, when ordering what Sizetype should I pick? Australian right? And European size 40?

Australian sizing is based on the English system. So if your a 7 US then 6 English. Also if you go Kangaroo go a width smaller as there very soft and stretch. I am Australian 10 G and ended up with a 10F in the Comfort Craftsman

17. Trapp

Trapp Well-Known Member

fully lined is nicer. i can't think of any reason not to get them fully lined. probably the only reason they don't normally fully line the work boots is to cut costs.

This may be helpful to the thread...

I inquired to bootsonline about a makeup mentioned a few pages back, namely, the yard boot in vesta leather with stock composite soul but with leather heel, fully leather lined. Amazingly, Barrie responded in about 45 mins to my email. However, this was his response (sic):

"Unfortunately your design suggested design will not work

Cannot put a stacked leather heel with the Yard Boot sole

Leather is lined because the outer leather is not heavy enough to stand up by itself. Vesta and Kip leather are heavyweight and will not take lining.

Vesta is still a working leather that doesn't really shine too well.

Have a look at the Lachlan http://www.bootsonline.com.au/b578.htm

All our leather age well. The problem is not our boots but our bodies.

At this time of the year delivery would not be until early March 2011 as RMW close the factory for summer vacation through January

Price for this sort of Made-to-Order is usually $30 more than the stock item.

Hope this helped"

Sounds like my particular MTO configuration is impossible [​IMG]

18. MTLGuy

MTLGuy Well-Known Member

This may be helpful to the thread...

I inquired to bootsonline about a makeup mentioned a few pages back, namely, the yard boot in vesta leather with stock composite soul but with leather heel, fully leather lined. Amazingly, Barrie responded in about 45 mins to my email. However, this was his response (sic):

"Unfortunately your design suggested design will not work

Cannot put a stacked leather heel with the Yard Boot sole

Leather is lined because the outer leather is not heavy enough to stand up by itself. Vesta and Kip leather are heavyweight and will not take lining.

Vesta is still a working leather that doesn't really shine too well.

Have a look at the Lachlan http://www.bootsonline.com.au/b578.htm

All our leather age well. The problem is not our boots but our bodies.

At this time of the year delivery would not be until early March 2011 as RMW close the factory for summer vacation through January

Price for this sort of Made-to-Order is usually $30 more than the stock item.

Hope this helped"

Sounds like my particular MTO configuration is impossible [​IMG]

Does anyone know if that March 2011 delivery time is applicable to regular orders as well? Or is it only for MTO?

19. Silent Speaker

I would assume that, unless Barry did not have stock on the item in question, this date is applicable only for MTO's that must be made up at the factory itself.

From what I can remember from the short glimpse of their storeroom when I visited their physical store, there were quite a few boxes to go around :p

I would suggest shooting off an email to Barry to see if what you want is in stock.

20. MTLGuy

MTLGuy Well-Known Member

I would assume that, unless Barry did not have stock on the item in question, this date is applicable only for MTO's that must be made up at the factory itself.

From what I can remember from the short glimpse of their storeroom when I visited their physical store, there were quite a few boxes to go around :p

I would suggest shooting off an email to Barry to see if what you want is in stock.

Thanks. Will do.

I also have a sizing question. I know that there is a very detailed guide at the beginning of this thread and that there has been extensive discussion about sizing (it seems there are a few theories out there), but I was wondering if someone could provide some pointed advice.

I wear an 8.5E UK in C&Js (348 last). Would an 8.5G in the Comfort Craftsmans (with the poron insole) do the trick?