1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

RLPL Edward Greens for $325?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by drake, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Associate

Associate Well-Known Member

I think we have a case for sending it back by mail and asking them to waive the postage, the shoes sent being completely different from both the picture and description on the website. At least will save me schlepping uptown to the mansion.

2. grimslade

grimslade Well-Known Member

I think we have a case for sending it back by mail and asking them to waive the postage, the shoes sent being completely different from both the picture and description on the website. At least will save me schlepping uptown to the mansion.

If they don't match the description or the picture, I would think there'd be a fair case to be made that it was their error.

3. chorse123

chorse123 Well-Known Member

i don't know if that adage applies in the world of retail sometimes. amazing deals can be had.

It certainly does not apply. I've bought a number of high end garments at pennies on the dollar - like 95% off retail price.

4. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Well-Known Member

If they are really that bad, then is there a way to refuse delivery and just have the package returned to Polo?

Surely, after all this, you wouldn't pass up the opportunity to open the box and see for yourself? Imagine if you were the lucky one who really got the shoes pictured...

5. Joel_Cairo

Joel_Cairo Well-Known Member

If they don't match the description or the picture, I would think there'd be a fair case to be made that it was their error.

maybe this is why their page was taken down from Polo.com as soon as they were sold out, as a kind of preemptive damage-control.

6. SuitingStyle

SuitingStyle Well-Known Member

Surely, after all this, you wouldn't pass up the opportunity to open the box and see for yourself? Imagine if you were the lucky one who really got the shoes pictured...

I agree with you , I want to see it at least rubber/plastic sole?? So they misrepresented polo driving moc or some sort as EG/PL dress oxxford. If my is the same case, I would like to personally bring it to the mansion and tell them how I feel about their quality control

7. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Well-Known Member

maybe this is why their page was taken down from Polo.com as soon as they were sold out, as a kind of preemptive damage-control.

Good thing it's still in the Google cache. But surely they wouldn't knowingly send out the wrong shoes, with the certainty that they're all only going to be returned?

8. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Well-Known Member

The entire Corben stock was gone within a day and then the entire stock is being returned the following week. This is hilarious. I wonder if Polo is going to put the same description and picture back to the website after it receives the entire stock back from us.

9. saint

saint Well-Known Member

Instead of the thrill of victory it looks like the agony of da feet.

10. passingtime

passingtime Well-Known Member

By popular demand...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have to say, they look worse in real life.

11. Joel_Cairo

Joel_Cairo Well-Known Member

12. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

13. EL72

EL72 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] This is getting funnier by the minute... Those plain-toe bluchers are not even on the Polo website.

BTW, does the invoice say Corben or correspond to the online description?

14. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Well-Known Member

Thanks for the pics. They bring new meaning to the term "shoe damage." [​IMG]

15. Thurston

Thurston Well-Known Member

Those are the soles on the Polo made in Italy Brendell chelsea boots. I'm perfectly fine with it on a $150 (GVH v. $300 MSRP) black ankle boot to be worn with jeans, but not on a true dress shoe that retails at $325. Very disappointing.

16. Thurston

Thurston Well-Known Member

[​IMG] This is getting funnier by the minute... Those plain-toe bluchers are not even on the Polo website.

The box in the pic says "Tan Burnished - Corben".

17. redcaimen

redcaimen Well-Known Member

The invoice says "stern" as in stern lesson.

18. chorse123

chorse123 Well-Known Member

I can imagine the dismay at the Mansion when two dozen customers show up with a pair of "Purple Label" Corbens complaining of the same damn thing. Fun times!

19. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

Jamison has a brilliant idea. I think every NYC/surrounding area member who ordered these should march into the mansion, pocket squares at the ready, and berate the management. Shame on them for getting us excited like that!

20. JBZ

JBZ Well-Known Member

I'll bet this is all Todd's fault.