1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

RLPL Custom fit Suit V RLPL non custom fit suit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by bjm, Dec 17, 2008.

1. bjm

bjm Well-Known Member

You are awfully insistent on a pic of the guys rear...[​IMG] [​IMG]

post some full length pictures, its tough to really know if your accurate with that without full length pictures.

2. forex

forex Well-Known Member

post some full length pictures, its tough to really know if your accurate with that without full length pictures.

I may post in couple of weeks once I get it back from the tailor.
    bjm,did you find your jacket short as well? How does it fit you?

3. bjm

bjm Well-Known Member

Yes, its shorter than a normal DB jacket, but I like that. I am not crazy with typical DB jacket length anyways.

I may post in couple of weeks once I get it back from the tailor.
    bjm,did you find your jacket short as well? How does it fit you?

4. mafoofan

mafoofan Well-Known Member

I may be mistaken, but isn't it relatively easy to enlongate a DB jacket since the hem is straight across?

5. forex

forex Well-Known Member

I may be mistaken, but isn't it relatively easy to enlongate a DB jacket since the hem is straight across?

I have no idea,maybe someone can chime in.I am going to ask my tailor,maybe he can do it.But I would rather not do it,what are the chances that the jacket will get messed up?

6. southbound35

southbound35 Well-Known Member

I think the suit looks great. I don't mind a shorter fit, especially on a double breasted; keeps it more modern to me. I wish I had been able to grab a 40 R in something
    As others mentioned, it fits well and the price is wonderful. But, I disagree with Morningstar; I think the double breasted-ness of the suit calls more attention to the fact that it's a bit short.

7. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Well-Known Member

Any one else with first hand experience with RLPL 'custom fit' suits and sport coats?
    (in regards to how they fit)
    I see a couple currently listed on eBay that I like. . .

8. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Well-Known Member

rlpl's st andrews custom fit is my favorite fit hands down. natural shoulders more so and less horizontal shoulder. more fitted in chest and flared in waist. such a beautiful silhouette

9. StopPolloition

StopPolloition Well-Known Member

I have two RLPL custom fit suits. One in a grey windowpane, 2 button, and another in navy stripe double breasted. They are my favorite off the rack suits. The pants are generally slimmer and flat front with a shorter rise. Also the jacket is about 3/4" shorter than the regular length for that size, and more suppressed in the waist I think. Can't really comment much on the shoulders, but they feel pretty natural to me.

10. Hard2Fit

rlpl's st andrews custom fit is my favorite fit hands down. natural shoulders more so and less horizontal shoulder. more fitted in chest and flared in waist. such a beautiful silhouette

I have two RLPL custom fit suits. One in a grey windowpane, 2 button, and another in navy stripe double breasted. They are my favorite off the rack suits. The pants are generally slimmer and flat front with a shorter rise. Also the jacket is about 3/4" shorter than the regular length for that size, and more suppressed in the waist I think. Can't really comment much on the shoulders, but they feel pretty natural to me.

Ty sirs.

11. Hard2Fit

Any one willing to post fit pics to satisfy my curiosity. . . ?
    Also, are there 'custom fit' sport coats/blazers?
    (I haven't come across any on eBay so far.)